Three punctures in 100m

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

G3CWI

Veteran
Today I picked up three punctures in 1 ride that lasted 100 metres. If this is a record, it's not one that i wish to hold thank you.

All three were thorns. Fortunately is was a short walk home. Fixing them has been a bit of a pain though. The tyre is all pumped up and ready to go back on the bike. If it's flat tomorrow morning I may take up roller skating.

screenman

Legendary Member
That is when slime or something like comes into its own. I once pulled 14 long thorns out of a tyre after a cross season.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Today I picked up three punctures in 1 ride that lasted 100 metres. If this is a record, it's not one that i wish to hold thank you.

All three were thorns. Fortunately is was a short walk home. Fixing them has been a bit of a pain though. The tyre is all pumped up and ready to go back on the bike. If it's flat tomorrow morning I may take up roller skating.

I'm reasonably close to you. Where did you pick up the punctures so I can avoid it?

OP
OP
G3CWI

G3CWI

Veteran
All on Victoria Road, Macc. They trimmed back the trees a couple of days ago. I suspect that is the source.

No problem today. Unscathed commute.

screenman

Legendary Member
You need to get slimed up. A little tip I learnt back in the days of gas street lighting, when checking inside the tyre go around it with a light cloth as this will snag on any pointy bits. Well actually I was told a old stocking but not sure you would have one of those.

Last edited:
Top Bottom