Through axle adapters for turbo trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bencran

Anyone know where I can get an adapter for a classic turbo trainer?

Overlooked this slight (massive) issue...

Can only find places with stock for end of Jan/May.

Current axle is 165mm

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I got mine directly from Garmin/Tacx.

OK @bencran . I have a Tacx flow, that is also designed with QR frames in mind.
I played around with all sorts of bits and pieces, and came up with these..

They come in a pack of three different thread pitches, but I only needed the 1.5. I "think" there is a 1.75 lying unused in the garage.

Fits perfectly on my Tacx and holds the bike nice and firm.

If you want I'll have a look tomorrow. Or you can try and find these - I can't be sure but think mine came from Sigma.

The problem seems to be that whole wheel trainers still think in terms of QR.

If you want to "try before you buy" give me a holler. Thread pitch is the most important bit for you to check.

Edit...I've just checked Sigma but they are out of stock. Other suppliers are advertising them but no mention of stock levels.

OP
OP
bencran

bencran

OK @bencran . I have a Tacx flow, that is also designed with QR frames in mind.
I played around with all sorts of bits and pieces, and came up with these..
View attachment 569593

They come in a pack of three different thread pitches, but I only needed the 1.5. I "think" there is a 1.75 lying unused in the garage.

Fits perfectly on my Tacx and holds the bike nice and firm.

If you want I'll have a look tomorrow. Or you can try and find these - I can't be sure but think mine came from Sigma.

The problem seems to be that whole wheel trainers still think in terms of QR.

If you want to "try before you buy" give me a holler. Thread pitch is the most important bit for you to check.
This is extremely interesting and I’m extremely grateful for your help, however I don’t think this would fit my trainer. The left side spigot seems to fit into a proprietary adapter which is mounted to the trainer. Unfortunately my trainer mounting brackets appear to be fixed.

OP
OP
bencran

bencran

Everyone will be pleased to know that I went for the Robert Axle Project axle. Perfect fit!

27773402-3DAD-4678-B982-9AEA62A65E9E.jpeg

Top Bottom