Thule panniers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirtyhanz2

Has anyone used thule panniers I am looking at buying a set would like some real world feed back thanks I currently have ortlieb which have been fantastic for me the thule ones would be for my sons bike I think he fancies a different brand to mine
Thanks

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Not used them. Seen some up close - maybe the Shield ones? They're quite similar to Ortliebs but the clip system isn't quite as easy to use IMO.

Crankarm

Guru
Thule make good stuff but never the less I'd just buy Ortliebs for your son if YOU are paying for the panniers. If some one is gifting you something that is good, it is not good form to be as rude to say that they are not good enough. There is a reason Ortlieb panniers are so wide spread and that is because they are the best. Just get him a different colour or model of Ortlieb bag.

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
The Ortlieb Gravel panniers are a bit trendier looking than some of their other models, if that’s important to your son. If not, have you looked at Vaude?

OP
OP
D

Dirtyhanz2

How long have Thule been making panniers ?
I think they have been making them for a while I have not seen them in any of my local bicycle shops only on the internet do look smart some nice colours and there a bit cheaper than ortlieb

OP
OP
D

Dirtyhanz2

The Ortlieb Gravel panniers are a bit trendier looking than some of their other models, if that’s important to your son. If not, have you looked at Vaude?
I have looked at the ortlieb gravel model they are very nice a bit pricey the colour they do them in is lovely
I have looked at the vaude models they seem very similar to ortlieb but just dont inspire me much there just a bit bland

OP
OP
D

Dirtyhanz2

Went with the ortlieb classics nothing to complicated we will be doing the c2c later in the year camping
Thanks for all your recommendations

Dwn

I wanted something smaller and a bit nicer looking than my standard ortliebs. Can highly recommend the gravel packs - very nice looking and seem to be well constructed.

Top Bottom