Thule Raceway...........anyone used one ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I have never been happy with either of the 2 rear attached bike carriers I've had.....never really confident that the bikes can't/wont fall off. And on one occasion the almost did-which was scary at 70 mph.
I am thinking of the Thule..........but it comes in at a hefty £250.00.........which I will gladly pay if "it does what it says on the tin".
Any thoughts???

User269

I've never been happy with any rear attached bike carrier. At £250 the raceway is pricey, and you may also need to get a 'lighting board' (and electric socket) if your reg. plate and lights are obscured.
Consider fitting a towbar with electrics, and getting something like our Thule Euroway 921G, which includes the lights and reg. plate space.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I've never been happy with any rear attached bike carrier. At £250 the raceway is pricey, and you may also need to get a 'lighting board' (and electric socket) if your reg. plate and lights are obscured.
Consider fitting a towbar with electrics, and getting something like our Thule Euroway 921G, which includes the lights and reg. plate space.

I already have the "lighting board" but do need electrics for this car @ £65.00.
I have looked into tow bars but the price is £200ish............then the carrier.
But not entirely discounted that idea........thanks

User269

I already have the "lighting board" but do need electrics for this car @ £65.00.
I have looked into tow bars but the price is £200ish............then the carrier.
But not entirely discounted that idea........thanks
Yes it all adds up, but for us it's well worth it as the carrier inspires confidence, and we prefer it to mounting on the roof.
Nice rack, I like Thule stuff. But the bikes obscure no. plate and lights, so board and car electrics will be needed. The reviewers don't mention this.
I wouldn't want to use it without a board, not for fear of prosecution, but for not being noticed when turning or changing lanes on a motorway.

Top Bottom