Thunder thighs!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
After about six months of commuting and generally thrashing around on two wheels my belly is greatly reduced, but now my thighs are huge!

I'm quite proud of my thunder thighs but they do seem to be getting in the way... I recently changed the spodgy old biddy saddle on my ancient tourer http://lawsie.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/claud-butler-dalesman.html for a Charge Spoon, which has made so much different to butt-comfort I can barely believe it. Only problem I have now is that my thighs chafe of the upright of the frame.

I'm hoping my planned imminent move to spd pedals might help, but surely I must be doing something wrong here?

__________________________________________________________________________________
Sent from.... somewhere between my lugoles.

Garz

Squat Member
You don't have SPD's? :ohmy:

May need to adjust your setup, even Sir Chris doesn't chafe the frame...

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
Something here doesn't sound quite right. I used to also be a heavy lad (18.5st) and I've done thousands of miles now (roughly 6000 since I started cycling last yr) and whilst my belly and moobs are now gone, my thighs have not changed at all, except they have got a lot more defined and carry a lot more muscle. If your thighs are getting huge, you need to check out your diet as it sounds like you are still packing too much away.

Normally when people cycle loads they get smaller, so are you doing other sports or weights etc...this could explain it.

If you're getting thighs like Robert Forstemann maybe track sprinting is a better fit...^_^

Herr-B

I'm happy with my thighs, it's just the belly and moobs I'm not keen on. Anyone know some rough mileage where they'll noticably disappear?

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I could be wrong, but I think you lose weight in reverse order to how it is gained, so something like face, neck, legs, moobs, pelvic flab, belly.

I might have made up the pelvic flab bit; it's just a great unsexy phrase.

Herr-B

Aargh, my face and neck! I forgot about them. I can't look down for photos or I look like one of these people that needs the fire brigade to remove them from their bedroom! Thanks for reminding me. :sad:

MattHB

Proud Daddy
I could be wrong, but I think you lose weight in reverse order to how it is gained, so something like face, neck, legs, moobs, pelvic flab, belly.

I might have made up the pelvic flab bit; it's just a great unsexy phrase.

that seems to be the case with me. I have very little fat except on belly and a bit round the sides! Its proving a nightmare to shift, but I suppose its been there since I was about 20.

DRHysted

Guru
In the two and a bit years that I have returned to cycling, I have had to increase from medium to large in the underwear because I couldn't get them over my thighs comfortably, due to the increased muscle.
Interestingly I have also gone from a 42" cheat to a 44".

Top Bottom