Thunderstorms - anyone else being deluged?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The most amazing sight is thunderstorms on the distant horizon seen at night from a plane window. I've seen it twice, the first time on a flight along the edge of the Himalaya from Lahore to Dhaka and the second time going from Johannesburg to Nairobi roughly following the Rift Valley. The storms were lined up, probably 100 miles distant, billowing high into the sky and lit up from inside by a constant flicker of lightning like a row of immense Chinese lanterns. Spectacular.

JhnBssll

Veteran
Got some great lightning here just north of Ipswich. Spoke to my dad a few minutes ago and their power is out just south east of Ipswich after a particularly impressive lightning strike nearby.

otek59

Thunderstorms !..... You lucky, lucky barstewards.
We had mental lightning storms a couple of nights ago, but no rain with it.... and strangely no thunder with it either.
we had non stop lightening for about 1/2 hour Tuesday night followed by very heavy rain and thunder

vickster

Legendary Member
Lightning strike at my parents place where I was. Knocked out sockets, luckily trip worked and no Virgin media since. Think other places too close by as a fire engine came down cul de sac on a recce. Luckily the burning smell dissipated. I was in entrance hall with friend with door open as were getting stuff in out of rain

Somewhat scary :eek::eek:

Rain lasted about 10 minutes and even more humid!! :heat:

Rezillo

TwoSheds
E6EF2D71-4FE0-4EEA-80DC-7927815B05C0.jpeg
Cracking stuff in mid Suffolk.

Top Bottom