Thunderstorms - anyone else being deluged?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
EFC8EC47-B7B1-4A72-9725-7791065FEE31.png Just posted a picture in the mundane news section. Should really have been here. A82 above Tyndrum.

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Impressive thunderstorm and torrential rain here in Carlton yesterday early evening, but not as bad as in nearby West Bridgford, where several roads were closed due to flooding - one remains closed due to a sinkhole opening. We had bought some plants from a plant-hunters fair in Donington-le-Heath and taken the trouble to water them in. Needn't have bothered, as they were waterlogged within about 5 minutes of the storm starting!

gavgav

Guru
Thunderstorm and torrential rain in Acton Scott, Shropshire, at 4pm yesterday, which necessitated us to dash from the cricket pitch, get the covers on quick and shelter in cars for 20 mins. All cleared and game continued on a very damp outfield......5 miles away they only had a few spots of rain and no thunder!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Generally pretty good weather on a Mull. I am off to mainland tomorrow facing weather warnings of heavy rain and thunderstorms. It is supposed to be a cycling holiday somewhere different but beginning to look doubtful.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
One determined cyclist:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-sc...ist-makes-it-through-flood-water-in-edinburgh

(cyclechat apparently won't let me embed it)

Hmm, storm surges might have lifted drain covers, so there's a risk of a very sudden halt when cycling through flash floods.
There's almost certainly contamination of that water from foul drains.
But it looks like fun, kinda.

Also, I never know how much faith to have in the seals of hub & BB bearings

Top Bottom