Thursday Night Ride to the Coast April 9th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I know this is a bit previous, but I've had e-mailed registrations, so here goes....

- this is shorter, and very much flatter than the Brighton ride
- most of the distance will be in streetlit areas
- it's an ideal first FNRttC for somebody who is concerned that they won't make the distance
- there will be a safety talk at the start with hand gestures. Participation is mandatory
- by the end of the ride you may know more about cruising and dogging in South Essex than you do now
- midway break at the unlovely junction 31
- breakfast at the Rose Restaurant
- the route may vary from the last Southend ride. I think we'll look again at Aldgate, with a view to simplifying the first six miles. We may take a diversion over the top of Basildon, rather than going through Vange. If anybody's available for midweek pootles out through South Essex in the next couple of weeks, pm me
- Southend Victoria trains will terminate at Ilford. Southend Central trains will be four to the hour

Mike e
User10571
Richard C
delthebike
Tim O
Cllr. Greg P
Adrian C
radius
Tdr1nka
Flying Dodo
davywalnuts
Marna G
Pete G

this is getting a bit scary. Ten riders four weeks ahead of time. One of my mission-ettes tomorrow is to talk to the junction 31 bods about having an extra person on the coffee machine.

TimO

Guru
dellzeqq said:
- by the end of the ride you may know more about cruising and dogging in South Essex than you do now

... and probably more than you want to know!:smile:

I'm definitely planning on doing all of this one, assuming something else doesn't manage to intervene.

ChrisKH

Guru
Well I've lived in Essex all my life and never seen any cruising or dogging. :evil:

Put me down as a potential. I'm on holiday with the kids as well that week, but it depends what Mrs. KH lines up for me.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Davywalnuts said:
count me in too please! Shall I PM you my vital statisitcs? hehe

Yes please - I need an e-mail address, your CTC membership number if you are a member, and your mobile number.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
ChrisKH said:
Well I've lived in Essex all my life and never seen any cruising or dogging. :biggrin:

Put me down as a potential. I'm on holiday with the kids as well that week, but it depends what Mrs. KH lines up for me.

Let me know when it's definite either way - I turned people away last time round, and there were some last minute cancellations, so I could have taken a couple off the reserve list.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Fancy there and back Aperitif?

P.S. I will be on new tyres, inners and they will be filled with some wonder stuff ive got called "Sludge" so the P fairy can sod the hell off! hahaha!

Davywalnuts said:
Fancy there and back Aperitif?

P.S. I will be on new tyres, inners and they will be filled with some wonder stuff ive got called "Sludge" so the P fairy can sod the hell off! hahaha!

Strange boy...

Don't put sludge in your tyres as well as your kebabs Davy - use high quality air and elbow grease.;)

Anyway, to answer your question - of course I will do that. If enough of us take the p1$$ out of you on the way down, there will not be so much stopping on the way back!:biggrin: My maiden NightRttC was great - I'm sure you will be just as exhilarated.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
haha!

Pah, too much hard work, especially when your on the 4th inner tube...

Excellant, least I will know my way back through Londinium this time. And as for that, I will do better.. was excitment last time!

God yeh, i wanna see all these white stillettos everyone goes on about in essex!

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Won't be able to do this one fraid as I will be going in the opposite direction around that time, on a tour with my son from London out to Wiltshire.:smile: By bike of course!

So I wish you all have a great time, oh and I have been led to believe that it is a place called one tree Island nr Lea on Sea, where all the dogging goes on!!!!! Apparently.:smile:;)

Top Bottom