Thursday Night Ride to the Coast April 9th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Radius said:
Oi! ;)

Nice write-up M. :ohmy:

Thanks. Re: the post just before we left - where I said 'Hello Radius' did you get it?

It was my last chance to "Hi Jack" the thread before takeoff...:smile:

You did well, hope you enjoyed it and are resting up for the next - if possible of course. PS Stop drinking that strawberry rubbish :blush: :smile:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
D'you guys mind keeping it down, some of us haven't been on a bike all week.;)

Radius

SHREDDER
Aperitif said:
Thanks. Re: the post just before we left - where I said 'Hello Radius' did you get it?

It was my last chance to "Hi Jack" the thread before takeoff...:smile:

You did well, hope you enjoyed it and are resting up for the next - if possible of course. PS Stop drinking that strawberry rubbish :blush: :smile:

Argh! No I didn't get it, but now I do, I wish I still didn't :ohmy: Awful! (but clever :smile:)

Thanks, really enjoyed it; not sure about resting, might go for a spin round Richmond tomorrow if weather's alright (and I get up in time).

PS: I wasn't joking about the milkshake, look at the BikeRadar review ;)

BR Review said:
The strawberry flavour was also very pleasant – as long as you have a sweet tooth.

Sig SilverPrinter

Thanks to Simon and everyone else involved in this, i had a great time.Thanks to ChrisKH for meeting me at Liverpool St so i wouldn't get lost going to HPC.Didn't know whether i would make the ride back but with Aperitifs encouragement anything seems possible.
cheeky s*d Radius who cycled up to me and said 'not bad you're doing about 24mph' didn't know whether it was not bad speed for a female or for somebody old enough to be his mum!,good to meet MacB and thanks to the lovely Davy for finishing off my cake ;)
Aperitif ,remember those other cyclists going along my turnoff, not only did I catch them up I left them behind ,although they did catch up a mile later at traffic lights i was at but I stopped and had a chat with them,very nice people.

Aperitif ,remember those other cyclists going along my turnoff, not only did I catch them up I left them behind ,although they did catch up a mile later at traffic lights i was at but I stopped and had a chat with them,very nice people.

Aggh! Sig... and you thought your day was over when you passed the 'on the pull' cherry cake to Davy! You must have travelled a fair distance too?
You speed vixen you!:tongue:

Radius

SHREDDER
Sig SilverPrinter said:
cheeky s*d Radius who cycled up to me and said 'not bad you're doing about 24mph' didn't know whether it was not bad speed for a female or for somebody old enough to be his mum!

:sad: :smile: Was hoping you'd have forgotten about that :biggrin:

Aperitif said:
Ah - ok. Bike Radar. That's the site that bimbles along behind this one and YACF is it not? Full of high powered journos drinking shakes! :smile:

They have more reviews :tongue:

z_pavel

If you would like to see some photos visit
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27747819@N06/
I have uploaded just some photos
If you would like to see more photos of you or would like original size please contact me and i will post you more.
PS I do have more :biggrin:

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
Apologies for my earlier post, i was just tired but it was a fun night, radius coming into the cafe with oil all over his hands, riding along and talking to sig(she's the nice cake lady :smile:) we were chatting away and i wasn't looking where i was going psssssssssss cue 10 minute delay.Meeting that red haired minx charlotte. Riding up that long hill and pausing at the top then seeing the 10% sign, the view across to canvey island with the birds singing and the view at leigh on sea.Riding home on the train with simon and Tony.
Thanks to sig for the cake, welldone mac on the century and nice photos z.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Cheers guys, almost feel a fraud, no way was I making it without Aperitif and the others dragging me along.

Big personal plus though, no lasting impact from the knee pain, 5 miles yesterday and 15 today and not a twinge. Though now have 2 strips of very strong painkillers in my rackpack:ohmy:

MacBludgeon said:
Cheers guys, almost feel a fraud, no way was I making it without Aperitif and the others dragging me along.

Big personal plus though, no lasting impact from the knee pain, 5 miles yesterday and 15 today and not a twinge. Though now have 2 strips of very strong painkillers in my rackpack:ohmy:

Don't fool yourself MacB - you were never going to give in - we were just rolling along enjoying the banter.
Poor old Davy - he will not access this thread until Tuesday...he'll have to install a laptop in the work WC in order to keep up!;)
(Hello Davy...:smile:)

Top Bottom