Thursday Night Ride to the Coast - Felpham March 28th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
We’ll leave Hyde Park Corner at midnight, cross Chelsea Bridge, traverse London’s soft southern underbelly and pop out on to the open road south of Sutton. The streetlights give way to darkness at Lower Kingswood, and from there it’s a hop, skip and a whoosh to the searing, shrieking thrill that is Pebblecombe Hill.Through the pretty village of Betchworth, over the River Mole and then we bounce along, up hill, down dale, through Wealden woodland to refreshments at the Cabin Cafe at Faygate.

Then.......across Horsham, up Tower Hill, through Barns Green and down the speedy, speedy, speedy Coolham Road before turning right through West Chiltington and along delightful byways to Amberley. There's a short schlepp along a busy B road and then it's down to the River Arun, and along a narrow lane to North Stoke where the FNRttC takes to the grass!

We cross the Ghurkha Bridge

IMG_1830v2.jpg

and then walk or cycle along the footpath to South Stoke ride over the last, small hill (having evaded the South Downs) and glide down to Arundel. From there it’s as flat as flat can be all the way to Felpham. Breakfast (and it’s a quality breakfast) at the Lobster Pot Cafe. Those of you training back to London will be best off getting a Groupsave http://www.southernrailway.com/tickets-and-fares/railcards-and-discounts/groupsave/
Registration by e-mail - details here http://fnrttc.blogspot.co.uk/p/fridays_06.html

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Miranda S
Rebecca O
Adam B
Richard G
Andrij B

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've sent one of those too:hello:

Sorry.. do we know you? ;)

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Miranda S
Rebecca O
Adam B
Richard G
Andrij B
Jenny M
User10571 B
Chris B
Adrian C
Jules H
Cecilia H
Richard R
Gordon P
Ian A
Jack H
Simon B
Grahame D
Olaf S
Nick L
Ross C
Stuart A
Sonia W
Jane D
John E
Davy S
Andrew F
Bridget M
Steve R
Ken M
Vernon L

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
2291644 said:

I have three sources in mind:

Dalby's at the end of my street in Meanwood.
Alan Waite in Tyersal, Bradford
Bentley's of Pudsey

I might be persuaded to bring some spare ones....

Top Bottom