Thursday Night Ride to the Coast - Felpham March 28th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
piemashexteror3.jpg
Don't know why, always had you down as a Manze's man?

The pie shop in Greenwich [edit - goddards] that is now a.... Coffee shop? Was always my favourite, such a good crumble in there.

rb58

Enigma
Don't know why, always had you down as a Manze's man?

The pie shop in Greenwich [edit - goddards] that is now a.... Coffee shop? Was always my favourite, such a good crumble in there.
I hate pie and mash, but at least in Goddards you could have aforesaid crumble. Shop is now a Gourmet Burger Kitchen. However, I think a new Goddards opened round the corner.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Miranda S
Rebecca O
Adam B
Richard G
Andrij B
Jenny M
User10571 B
Chris B
Adrian C
Jules H
Cecilia H
Richard R
Gordon P
Ian A
Jack H
Simon B
Grahame D
Olaf S
Nick L
Ross C
Stuart A
Sonia W
Jane D
John E
Davy S
Andrew F
Bridget M
Steve R
Ken M
Vernon L
Greg C (hooray!)
Simon C
Claudine C

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
er.....Pebblecombe Hill? And if Greg even hints at doing it on a fixed I'm going to ring Helen up.......

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
er.....Pebblecombe Hill? And if Greg even hints at doing it on a fixed I'm going to ring Helen up.......
Pebblecombe indeed. Far, far nastier than Reigate (I appreciate this might seem a touch odd coming from me). The people who speed past me everytime I go down there always worry me. It's tight, it's twisty, overhanging trees so poorly lit. And the level crossing at the bottom to boot. Definitely not one for fixed.

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
right - I'm going to have to lay it on pretty thick next time. And have words if people do anything daft.

I think on fixed Reigate is more likely to catch you out. It's a bit more enticing. What I mean by that is that the gradient is such that it encourages you to keep spinning until you might find you can spin no more. Pebblecombe drops pretty much straight into a 10%+ grade so you have to keep everything in check from the top. It's a shame I'm in Wales for this one otherwise I'd take up Adrian's invitation.

TimO

Guru
Right, to get back to the point of the thread, and divert all of the descriptions of Adrian's pedestrian abuse and the consumption of pies, I'm in (well I've sent off my email to his dellzeqqness anyway).

I'm not planning on doing it on fixed, mainly because I don't have a fixed bike to do it on. Red will probably get his first outing of the year, he's busy collecting dust at the moment.

Top Bottom