Thursday Night Ride to the Coast - Felpham March 28th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
Thanks for the invite Ian: it's always good to have options that I will consider over breakfast!

Quagga

Almost extinct
Annual FNRTTC pass request submitted and approved
E-mail sent

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
er.....Pebblecombe Hill? And if Greg even hints at doing it on a fixed I'm going to ring Helen up.......

Pebblecombe indeed. Far, far nastier than Reigate (I appreciate this might seem a touch odd coming from me). The people who speed past me everytime I go down there always worry me. It's tight, it's twisty, overhanging trees so poorly lit. And the level crossing at the bottom to boot. Definitely not one for fixed.

Hang on a cotton pickin' minute folks. I rode it fixed last time I went to Felpham. Overtaking willy-nilly as I went prayin' "gedoutadaway! gedoutadafarkinway!" under my breath. And then, on SMRbtH we (I blame Titus for all my navigational errors) got lost so I rode up to Whiteways and down Bury Hill. I will confess that on that descent of Bury Hill I have never, ever been so terrified whist in some semblance of control on a bicycle. I suspect Jim was even more terrified than me. Ok that was before 'the mishap'. I've since geared the fixed up a bit so the old rpm down Pebblecombe is a bit less; on my last daylight trip down there I overtook a car. Officially I was working from home so that needed not to go wrong.

However I am currently a fat bloater layabout with cock-all miles in his legs and far too many pints in his tum so I shall most probably ride it two speed with freewheel. And the SMRbtH will involve a spot of riverside off roading to avoid Bury Hill! Anyone wishing to entrain at Pulbogrough is welcome to join me

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Miranda S
Rebecca O
Adam B
Richard G
Andrij B
Jenny M
User10571 B
Chris B
Adrian C
Jules H
Cecilia H
Ron R
Gordon P
Ian A
Jack H
Simon B
Grahame D
Olaf S
Nick L
Ross C
Stuart A
Sonia W
Jane D
John E
Davy S
Andrew F
Bridget M
Steve R
Ken M
Vernon L
Simon C
Greg C
Claudine C
Paul C
Jessica J
Janie K
Tim O
David H
Louise M
Tony F
Stan E
Sandra S
Kim W
Carl P
Peter L

TimO

Guru
... Trains from Hassocks up through 3 Bridges and Croydon to Victoria are quite frequent.

On a Friday, after the initial spurt, I wouldn't call one an hour "frequent". There are two an hour, if you count the one that requires changing at Haywards Heath. Up to about 9:34 there are trains at very roughly ten to fifteen minute intervals, but after that, you'll only find the one at 34 minutes after the hour (until the evening, when it all changes again).

OP
OP
dellzeqq

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
On a Friday, after the initial spurt, I wouldn't call one an hour "frequent". There are two an hour, if you count the one that requires changing at Haywards Heath. Up to about 9:34 there are trains at very roughly ten to fifteen minute intervals, but after that, you'll only find the one at 34 minutes after the hour (until the evening, when it all changes again).
tell me you looked that up.................

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Curse you and your facts. My "frequent" was based on the fact that I've been to Hassocks quite a few times and never had to wait long for a train.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
2295662 said:
I have got off trains there, it is a good place to start a walk. I wouldn't plan on finishing there though.
Ironically I got on there at the end of a walk from Greenwich!

Top Bottom