TI-Raleigh 40th Anniversary Edition

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
They're asking £2500 for the bike, £1500 for the frameset. I know it's a limited edition and nostalgia but ... :blink:

This doesn't appear to be the same as the previous revival, this one is a 753 frame with downtube shifters so there is going to be some premium.

Unfortunately it does look a bit of parts bin special, 10 speed Campag Veloce drive train, Centaur brakes, unknown hubs, the shifters on

https://www.bikeradar.com/news/rale...6&type=gallery&gallery=1&embedded_slideshow=1

look really cheap. The hole for the rear mech cable looks like it has been drilled slightly out of place.

Definitely a better try than last time. :=)

Mark Reilly did the 753 Holdsworths for Planet X, do maybe him?

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Not my idea of heaven on two wheels for £2.5k.
You can imagine the product development meeting, yeah let’s cash in on this nostalgia thing, we can get someone to knock up the frames and well look for some stuff to put on it plus we’ll limit it one per customer to make it seem like there’s going to be a high demand from collectors.

Well, it's £500 cheaper than the equivalent Bianchi :okay:

That’s ‘cos the Bianchi has an Eroica premium:laugh:

Gunk

Guru
Looks very similar to my 2013 version, frame looks identical, it does ride better the sum of its parts, the Campagnolo Veloce groupset works well and the Record hubs and Mavic Open pro wheelset is top quality, I understand it’s not for everyone but I love mine.

Last edited:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
To my untrained eye it looks nice for what it is, however not £2.5k nice. I agree with @Cycleops that it smacks of exploitation to an extent.

While not to everyone's tastes I think it would appeal to me more personally were it fitted with a modern groupset with STIs - sacrilege perhaps but a lot more practical and would arguably take ownership of the fact it's a reproduction and play to the strengths of being made 40yrs later.

EDIT:

For those interested, there's an excellent article on 753 here: https://bikeretrogrouch.blogspot.com/2016/11/classic-tubes-reynolds-753.html
That is an excellent article - ta for sharing it :smile:

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
To my untrained eye it looks nice for what it is, however not £2.5k nice. I agree with @Cycleops that it smacks of exploitation to an extent.

While not to everyone's tastes I think it would appeal to me more personally were it fitted with a modern groupset with STIs - sacrilege perhaps but a lot more practical and would arguably take ownership of the fact it's a reproduction and play to the strengths of being made 40yrs later.

EDIT:

That is an excellent article - ta for sharing it :smile:

my 2013 version has a modern groupset with Brifters so although not quite so authentic, it’s much more useable

Top Bottom