Ti

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Solecyclist

Been a while since i logged in but still thinking of a ti bike been looking at the spa elan and Ribble ti. I cycle with a local clarion and by myself. But im thinking of some light touring.... Any advice out there?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Go for a test ride on the ones on your shortlist. Ride a steel or carbon one in same style as a reference point. A bike is so much more than just the material it is made out of.

vickster

Legendary Member
As above. If planning to tour, check it has the mounting points needed.
Spa v good for test rides and customisation (there may not be so much option with Ribble or others. Essentially you build your own spec with Spa, including handbuilt wheels)
Planet X Ti are also well regarded

Drago

Legendary Member
Try a few. Like budget carbon, budget Ti is often surprisingly mundane, so be prepared to spends some dollar, and to cock a leg over a couple to check that you're happy the reality is living up to your expectations,

tom73

Guru
Try some out. I've looked the ribble CGR a few times.
They are a great looking bike close up wide range of tyre clearance and option for 650 wheels along with full mounts for rack and mudguards.
Have a look at the bike builder and see what spec may suit you.
can Plant X one looks good too though limited on tyre size
Only you will know which.

The Best Mc

I've just been to Spa Cycles for a test ride on their Spa Elan. They ensured I had the right size bike and that the saddle was set up correctly. Then they have me great directions to a cycleway. They sent me off for two hours. The bike is great.No pressure. Great advice. I'd recommend them but a test ride at your local bike shop is a great idea.

Top Bottom