Tiaga cable fixing bolt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twilkes

Guru
The bolt that clamps the plate and cable in place on my front derailleur has seized and been rounded out (note the passive voice) and I can't find an exact replacement on the web, i.e. 'FD-4700 cable fixing bolt' isn't appearing on any of the online stores.

Are there any other derailleurs that use the same bolt/plate? On bikeparts.co.uk I've found bolts for FD-M7005, FD-M580, FD-M771, FD-9000 and FD-6800, would any of those work? I'm guessing 'M' stands for mountain bike, so probably not those?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you've got it 'off' then most use the same bolt. Look for one similar if you can.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
If you've got it 'off' then most use the same bolt. Look for one similar if you can.
agree with this, the bolts are pretty standard, the little tab thingy may vary between models, but you can reuse that.

however you need to get the old bolt out first, or have you managed that?

figbat

Slippery scientist
If it's just the bolt that needs replacing I suspect other bolts will be fine - it is the clamping plates that will differ per model.
Just guessing though.

OP
OP
Twilkes

Twilkes

Guru
In a moment of self control, I'm waiting until I have a spare bolt before taking the existing bolt off. I'll try cutting a notch for a flathead screwdriver, but otherwise will likely have to drill it out.

si_c

Guru
It's an M5 bolt with 13.5mm length. Any replacement bolt should work, if not SJS Cycles have replacement parts in stock, they don't have the 4700 bolt but the Ultegra 6600 should work - it's the same length and size.

Top Bottom