tiagra hubs / open pro rims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mds101

Never really reviewed anything before so I'll keep it simple.

These are the 32 spoke version.

I've been running these for about 1 1/2 years and covered about 7000 miles on them.I use them for commuting and longish distance riding/touring (with upto 10kg load) I frequently go over rough ground, more like rail paths and canals than single track though.

Essentially, what I'm trying to say is that they take some crap, I'm not especially careful with them.

I run them with 25mm gatorskins.

In the time I've had them they've gone out of true a couple of times but only because of a serious knock on the road, which I think is reasonable and I've regreased the hub / changed the bearings once.

The reaosn I thought I'd post this is because I took the rear to the LBS yesterday as it needed straightening, and while it was there I asked him to check the hub and regrease (save me a job this weekend). He commented that the rim looks like it will last at least until spring (a estimate based on the mies and riding I think he knows I do) and that the hub looked like it did the day it was put together.

Overall then a really robust combination of hub / rim that comes in that bit cheaper than the step up to 105, which I think is important to more given the cost of parts at the moment and while I don't think the hubs have the same level of seal as the 105 or higher hubs, and weigh a bit more, they have proven themselves to be more than good enough.

Top Bottom