Tiara 4700 shifters disc options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have a full Tiara 4700 groupset with callipers which I want to use for a new build. (I want to try titanium) thinking Vaare MPA or Spa Elan. What doc brakes could I get to use my existing shifters. Then I can rust buy wheels and callipers.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
They will need to be cable operated as that is the shifter type with 4700 group set. TRP Spyres are good. You will have make sure the frame mounts are compatible with the mounting system of the disc calipers you buy so select at the same time.

vickster

Legendary Member
TRP Spyres. The best mechanical disc brakes out there. Spa should be able supply with the Elan frame if you go that way (they built my Sabbath AR1 with them) as well as compatible rotors. The calipers come as post or flat mount, Spa will advise
https://www.spacycles.co.uk/m2b0s102p3577/TRP-Spyre

They'll build you great wheels too

Last edited:

rustybolts

pedalling tediously
TRP Spyres came as standard on the 2018 Tiagra spec Specialized Roubaix . They work very well for me as soon as they are bedded in

si_c

Guru
Spyres are truly great, but I prefer the Hy/Rd for the automatic pad wear compensation and the lighter lever action. Currently running a Spyre on the rear and a Hy/Rd on the front - the rear pads last a very long time anyway.

Top Bottom