Tight SPD cleats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Broadside

Guru
A600s don't have a plastic cage, all metal surely

Sorry, I was referring to m424 that someone else mentioned upthread.

Incidentally my daughter had a similar problem with her cleats and pedals, they were single sided btwin pedals with a standard platform for normal shoes on the non cleat side. We had the same problem with them because the cleats were buried too deep in the sole of the shoe, shims between the cleat and shoe sorted it on them as well.

Incidentally my daughter had a similar problem with her cleats and pedals, they were single sided btwin pedals with a standard platform for normal shoes on the non cleat side. We had the same problem with them because the cleats were buried too deep in the sole of the shoe, shims between the cleat and shoe sorted it on them as well.

If you're talking about the Rockrider 500 pedals, I have them fitted to both my bikes. Use the supplied cleats with Shimano MT34 shoes and haven't had any issues.

Guess some pedal & shoe combos work better than others. Good tip is offering shoe to pedal in the shop when buying.

D

Deleted member 1258

Bought my son some cheap B'twin SPD shoes and had to hack/grind some of the soles away to allow easy engagement. They are otherwise fab shoes at the price :okay:

I have a pair of Decathlon shoes and the recess in the sole doesn't extend far enough forward, the cleat is to far back and my foot to far forward, the pedal spindle is on the back of the ball of the foot.

D

Deleted member 1258

depends on how tight you like your springs ,
are you used to clipless pedals ?
you can get spd pedals with a light action although the model escapes me atm .

They're click R's, I have them on my bikes.

Top Bottom