tights or not

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andrewsdad

Hi Im new here,
I would like advice please, Lately on 15-20 milers im getting probably a friction rash inside the top of my thighs, do i need a new saddle or new cycle pants.

PaddyMcc

Über Member
Hmm....dunno. Either? Both? Neither?
Do you use any chamois cream or similar? I use Vasoline to prevent chaffing etc. It works for me.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
:welcome:
If you are sure it's a friction rash, firstly I'd be checking the fit of my tights/shorts. If they are tight on your skin, I would have thought they would be taking the rubbing, not your skin.
Then I'd take myself off to the chemist and get a small tub of sudocrem.

vickster

Legendary Member
I assume you are wearing your cycling shorts without underwear. If you are not wearing cycling shorts, get some. If using one of those padded gel saddles, get a new saddle

OP
OP
andrewsdad

andrewsdad

:welcome:
If you are sure it's a friction rash, firstly I'd be checking the fit of my tights/shorts. If they are tight on your skin, I would have thought they would be taking the rubbing, not your skin.
Then I'd take myself off to the chemist and get a small tub of sudocrem.
Thanks, think i'll buy a new pair you may have a point about size maybe just too neat.

ScotiaLass

Guru
It could be any of the mentioned things...
But if your saddle is too wide you'll get rubbing, as the inside of your thighs will be pressed against the saddle, causing friction.
My saddle is perfect for me (after trying 3!) but I still use chamois cream and well fitting padded shorts or longs.

I hope you find the problem!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I got an umcomfy rub today (@Fnaar )
Mind you i had ridden about 40 miles in soggy shorts .

OP
OP
andrewsdad

andrewsdad

It could be any of the mentioned things...
But if your saddle is too wide you'll get rubbing, as the inside of your thighs will be pressed against the saddle, causing friction.
My saddle is perfect for me (after trying 3!) but I still use chamois cream and well fitting padded shorts or longs.

I hope you find the problem!
Thankyou, My saddle is quite narrow. Ive a feeling its the stitching maybe cutting into my skin. Or the saddle might be too hard. I'll change both.

Top Bottom