Tights over bib shorts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes, much better than under ;)

vickster

Legendary Member
To add, it's good to have some reflectives on your legs, ankles, feet when cycling in the dark to stand you out as a cyclist to other other road users (distinctive leg movements). I often wear Altura winter cruisers over cycling shorts or padded tights when it's colder than 5 deg

Dan B

Disengaged member
Try it and see. Only downside I find is that running tights often aren't very long in the back and tend to slide down when worn over Lycra. But that probably depends on the particular garments involved

wisdom

Guru
To add, it's good to have some reflectives on your legs, ankles, feet when cycling in the dark to stand you out as a cyclist to other other road users (distinctive leg movements). I often wear Altura winter cruisers over cycling shorts or padded tights when it's colder than 5 deg
Exactly the same for me winter cruisers over padded shorts.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
you want roubaix / thermal lined tights, like the W cruisers mentioned, not running tights. keep you toasty. I'm still on shorts and knee warmers, but the switch is coming, Sunday morning was a bit nippy on the thighs and nether regions :ohmy:

Yes I do this.
I find sometime I overheat if full winter bibs. So I have a pair of thin over tights that are fine for just taking the edge of the cold. They do slip down , and get all wrinkled so I look like nora batty ! - but for cold - but not icy cold , they are good.

OP
OP
hoppym27

hoppym27

Thanks everyone, I'll give it a try and if its not right I'll invest in some bib tights or those winter cruisers

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Bib shorts with Ron Hill Tracksters over the top. Cheap as chips.

Ron Hills are nice and long in the back too. Great on the bike - when I get off, I look like Max Wall!
I have Ron Hills and a pair of warm cycling tights which don't have a pad. I wear bibshorts or padded undershorts under whichever I am wearing on chilly rides. The tights are a bit too warm above 12 degrees and the Ron Hills not quite warm enough below 8 degrees. Between 8 and 12 degrees, either choice suits me.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I have padded bib-tights for use on their own. I have two—one thick, one thin—unpadded bib tights for use over shorts. The thin ones are ragged round the buttocks, but it doesn't affect their function.

Top Bottom