Tights over bib shorts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
Assos and co all decided to just offer longs with pads. A disaster, cold in the morning longs over padded shorts what happens when it heats up longs off. Now do we strip off and put the shorts on , its not Continental Europe with a climate that's predictable in the winter months.

If there is any chance of it getting warm enough for bare legs, I would be wearing leg warmers with my shorts. I only go to full longs when it really is exceedingly cold for the UK.

DogmaStu

If there is any chance of it getting warm enough for bare legs, I would be wearing leg warmers with my shorts. I only go to full longs when it really is exceedingly cold for the UK.

I was wearing bib tights in October already :laugh:

I'm in Yorkshire and see cyclists in shorts still - just yesterday, at 3C. Me? Santini Vega jacket, thick fleece baselayer underneath, Santini Vega bib tights, overshoes, thermal hat under my helmet, thick gloves. :biggrin:

I have at least 7 pairs of good quality Winter bib tights with matching jackets and use them all! I won't be touching my Summer kit now until May probably.

Jameshow

Veteran
I had winter tights on yesterday without them I'd have been toast over penistone hill!

Pity about the lack of overshoes.

I see Aldi are doing waterproof socks anyone tried them?

Jody

Stubborn git
I'm in Yorkshire and see cyclists in shorts still - just yesterday, at 3C. Me? Santini Vega jacket, thick fleece baselayer underneath, Santini Vega bib tights, overshoes, thermal hat under my helmet, thick gloves. :biggrin:

3 degrees yesterday and my mate turns up in shorts and a thin long sleeved top for a mucky off road ride.

Me, similar to yourself. Bib longs, baggies over the top, base layer, Berghaus fleece, windproof top, skull cap, thickest seal skins and thermal gloves.

I still wasn't warm :rolleyes:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I was in full winter plumage yesterday. Ronhill tracksters over padded shorts. Aldi winter jersey over merino base layer. Northwave boots. I'll stay like that until April/early May.

Jameshow

Veteran
3 degrees yesterday and my mate turns up in shorts and a thin long sleeved top for a mucky off road ride.

Me, similar to yourself. Bib longs, baggies over the top, base layer, Berghaus fleece, windproof top, skull cap, thickest seal skins and thermal gloves.

I still wasn't warm :rolleyes:

I have a cheap crag hopper thermal jacket mainly for campsite use, but early or late on the day I'll use it to cycle in!!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Are northwave boots big or small fitting??

I don't quite understand the question. They fit my feet, which are size 12 so big, I guess.

They are Northwave Celsius boots.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Are they true to fit is what I meant.

Should just use overshoes tbh!

They just fit. In that they are the right size. They aren't too big or too small.

Or are you asking if the size number is true to the size numbering of other shoes? Sorry, I don't remember what actual size number they are. I bought them years ago.

I tried overshoes and never got on with them. These suit my needs perfectly. YMMV

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Now that I'm a certain age I have started wearing 3/4 bibs and socks - all traditional, like.
IMG_20230422_140501454_HDR.jpg

Jameshow

Veteran
They just fit. In that they are the right size. They aren't too big or too small.

Or are you asking if the size number is true to the size numbering of other shoes? Sorry, I don't remember what actual size number they are. I bought them years ago.

I tried overshoes and never got on with them. These suit my needs perfectly. YMMV

I'm the same - find overshoes a faff, loosing them, getting them on, getting worn around the edge!! thanks Yorkshire world champs!

Top Bottom