Time for Action -prompt decision needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So-

1. Do we add the CC address to all of our literature?
  2. If so, can someone do it to the poster?
  3. Do we have a name for the campaign?
  4. Should we have something on here for people to be directed to which outlines the campaign and the issue?
  5. Also, Should we now have a separate internal forum for all the campaign threads to go into? the "Time for Action" one is too long now IMO and difficult to navigate unless you've kept up with it.

Ideally we would want a seperate web address for the campaign. Of course that web address would link here. This would be important to show it is a ground root driven campaign. I've never set up a web domain etc so advice would be great. Would we be able to get www.plentyofroom.co.uk? If so, what cost. If not much I am sure we could cover the costs. I would certainly help out.

Personally I like Plenty of Room or Plenty of Room? as the name for the campaign.

I am all for a seperate section for separate threads. In fact I think I have asked the mods for this already, although I can understand that people might not be reading all of the posts.

I think it is brilliant that you have taken action MP, but I'm worried that we will end up rushing this too much. I think we want to get this out as soon as possible, but we don't have a definite direction yet. Would it be possible to delay the posters?

Yup, she's waiting for me to get back to her, so I can hang on a bit.

Cool. I agree though we need to strike while the iron is hot. We need to reach agreement on the name of the campaign, the aims and reserve the address and get something.

So folks, lets try and make a difference. Make youe views known and help out if you can.

Bman

Guru
I would suggest grabbing that address ASAP though. We dont want anyone else grabbing it before we (the campain) does.

I would grab it myself, but I dont have a business address to register it with. I dont want to use my home address.

Admin, maybe this is one for you?

www.plentyofroom.co.uk is now registered. I have no idea what to do with it, but I have registered it with 123-reg. :biggrin:

We can still change the name of the campaign if we want, as it was only £6 so don't feel obliged to agree with that name. Just thought it was best to grab it.

Bman

Guru
Nice one. All we need now is a server hosting a website.

Again, I'm sure admin could sort us out here?

Will1985

Über Member
You could ask Admin nicely for a single page to which you can point the domain.

Mister P I like it and think it could be extended later to overtaking etc. I also think it is a good general principle, i.e. if drivers gave us the same room as a car, we would all get on better etc.

However, it cost me £6 (and yes I made sure my address can't be found with a whois!) so if we don't think the name fits then we can always get a new name.

What does everyone think of the name? Maybe if we can get some alternatives then we could have a poll.

I just don't see a strong link between "plenty of room" and not riding up the inside of lorries.

It would link in with the video storyline that Ben came up with in the original action thread.

It's a fair point Paul.

I think on a poster it you could pose it as a question, Plenty of Room?, possibly with two photos. One with a cyclist looking up the left hand gap of an HGV, and the second photo showing the aftermath of a cyclist crushing accident.

Below you could have a punchline something like Probably not.

Just my thoughts of course, and this will only work with the input of others. So what are your thoughts folks?

Top Bottom