Time for some new tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I fitted Mich Pro 3's to mine.

Briliiant tyre, confidence inspiring, quick and make a lovely hollow noise* on smooth tarmac. Great in the wet too, better than me anyway!

Only downside is 4 punctures in 1250 miles, which is way more then I would expect. Still, price you pay for zippiness I suppose..

*If anyone has a term for this then say so. Thrum, Whoosh, Frewllll, and Furrrrrr don't do it justice.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Cheadle... I know what you mean, but they're way quieter than the PR2's they replace... they really howled!

OP
OP
E

earth

The GP4Ks made a similar noise when I was approaching 30mph. This is one of the things that attracts me to the Vittoria's - Corsa. I know it is Italian for racing but the word fits just right with the sound.

OP
OP
E

earth

Another thing I noticed about the PR3s compared to GP4Ks is that they are narrower.

I always had to let some air out of the GP4K when I took a wheel off even though I had opened the quick release on the break caliper.

I don't have to do that now.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
earth said:
Another thing I noticed about the PR3s compared to GP4Ks is that they are narrower.

I always had to let some air out of the GP4K when I took a wheel off even though I had opened the quick release on the break caliper.

I don't have to do that now.

Really?

I've found Michelin to be plusher than conti, in general. My GP4000 (Yellow, 23c) and Gatorskins (Wire on 25c) both came our of the brakes without any deflation. My Pro Race2 25c have to be deflated, or they don't come out, and they certainly feel cushier than the 'gators did in what was supposedly the same size.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
PR2's were fat for their size, PR3's are average, maybe slightly narrow for a 23c, they go a treat on aero rims though where the 23c PR2's were a tad lardy and must have spoiled the airflow.

OP
OP
E

earth

John the Monkey said:
Really?

I've found Michelin to be plusher than conti, in general. My GP4000 (Yellow, 23c) and Gatorskins (Wire on 25c) both came our of the brakes without any deflation. My Pro Race2 25c have to be deflated, or they don't come out, and they certainly feel cushier than the 'gators did in what was supposedly the same size.

You're right. They don't come out cleanly, I have to pull a bit but not as much as the conti's. I did have to let air out of those.

Top Bottom