Time to own up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I know this is only boxing day but I weighed myself last Thursday when we arrived here in North Devon to spend Christmas with my stepdaughter. I just weighed myself again this morning and I have put on 5 lbs!! We are not going back home till tomorrow so will start restraining on my food intake today and will go on a ride when we get back.

david k

Hi
I refuse to go anywhere near any scales

:huh:

Keith Oates

Janner
I was talking to a trainer in the local Gymnasium and he said that in January it is normal for the number of people that attend the Gym for exercise increases by a considerable amount, but after about a month the number drops by a substantial amount.

galaxy

Veteran
I weighed in yesterday and today, i was half a stone heavier this morning. I read a article last week, apparently the avergae person consumes 7,000 calories on xmas day, that will take 2 Triathalons to burn off.

david k

Hi
I weighed in yesterday and today, i was half a stone heavier this morning. I read a article last week, apparently the avergae person consumes 7,000 calories on xmas day, that will take 2 Triathalons to burn off.
I think the calories I consumed yesterday would power me on a very long walk.

Calories consumed 7-10k
100 calories a mile
100 mile walk required to burn off

I'll start now :sad:

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
You don't gain weight that quickly. It will mostly be water retention. You may notice the same effect for example if you have a Chinese takeaway, then weigh yourself the following morning, and find you've 'gained' two or three pounds. It's transient, and you pee it all away over the next couple of days (assuming you don't have a takeaway every night).

Personally, I just made sure I had a pre-lunch ride, and a post ride walk. My Garmin watch was showing over 4,000 calories burned by the end of the day. Off for a TT this morning.

Jimidh

Veteran
It's not just Christmas Day. We were out Christmas Eve,had a huge blowout yesterday and now heading out soon for more eating and drinking.

I won't be flying up hills in January if I keep this up.

Top Bottom