Time Trial PB's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
That event, unless otherwise stated would close today at 6pm. Once the event has closed, the organiser will lay out the field and then send out start sheet. You won't see the start sheet for a good few days yet. Expect it around the 1st September.

Entering early doesn't improve chances of getting a ride as entries are selected based on past results, not a 1st come, first served basis. Entering very early can be counter productive IMO as it increases chance of the organiser misplacing your entry or forgetting it etc, depending how organised they are.

Sharky

Guru
Also, if you make any improvements on your entry form times, you are supposed to advise the organiser. This used to be more relevant when events used to have handicap prizes alongside scratch prizes, but they seem to have disappeared?
Are they still being used?

Keith

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Also, if you make any improvements on your entry form times, you are supposed to advise the organiser. This used to be more relevant when events used to have handicap prizes alongside scratch prizes, but they seem to have disappeared?
Are they still being used?

Keith

Yes, in most events I have entered they have had handicap prizes. You only need to update the organiser if you improve your PB within a certain time window of the event closing I think. Although I normally tell them anyway, then it is up to them whether they take it into account.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
well hopefully as its a locally organised 25m TT with 120 spaces along with overflow spaces earlier in the day, i will get a ride. if not no biggy and will move onto the next one

don't need to put in updated times as its my first 25miler....doesnt look a bad parcour for the first one

upload_2014-8-26_12-56-52.png

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Not sure if that is the fast Welsh course everyone goes on about, but look at that gift hill.
I thought that (non-HC) TT courses were loops to avoid any overall help from wind or hills ... :wacko:

I know that all competitors do the same course, but if they then go and compare their times on that course to other people doing a flat one, it would be like comparing apples and oranges!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I thought that (non-HC) TT courses were loops to avoid any overall help from wind or hills ... :wacko:

I know that all competitors do the same course, but if they then go and compare their times on that course to other people doing a flat one, it would be like comparing apples and oranges!

The start and finish points must be within a certain distance to minimise geographical assistance. But some courses are right on the edge of this limit so you so get a benefit. Like the Levens 10 course where Wiggo set his comp record.

I've done fast courses but none with a big gift hill, Concrete mountain/Blythe Bridge is the closest to a gift hill I have been on, but you have to come back up the "hill" at the end!

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Not sure if that is the fast Welsh course everyone goes on about, but look at that gift hill.
Thats the one rob3rt - as i havent even touched a bike in anger for 4wks due to holidays. I need all the help i can get :smile:

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak