Time Trial PB's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Heatley Simmonds, 18.36 so I read today.
Unreal times getting done by the pro's lately !

U

User33236

Got a PB today in localish time trial. This is primarily due to it being my first ever :laugh:

Was a 10 mile TT on the D10/1 course. Weather wise it was warm and sunny but with a variable wind. Traffic was light to medium but seemed to crop up at the wrong times lol.

Seems somewhat ironic being a veteran and a TT virgin! Overall very happy with my time of 25:31.

screenman

Legendary Member
Got a PB today in localish time trial. This is primarily due to it being my first ever :laugh:

Was a 10 mile TT on the D10/1 course. Weather wise it was warm and sunny but with a variable wind. Traffic was light to medium but seemed to corp up at the wrong times lol.

Seems somewhat ironic being a veteran and a TT virgin! Overall very happy with my time of 25:31.

Good ride.

screenman

Legendary Member
Because i'm not as fast as them :laugh:

That is a lame old excuse, just not trying hard enough.^_^

Sharky

Guru

Was a 10 mile TT on the D10/1 course. Weather wise it was warm and sunny but with a variable wind. Traffic was light to medium but seemed to crop up at the wrong times lol.

My favourite course when i was a teen. Used to start in Blindfoot Lane and the Skem turn was a small roundabout. My PB was on this course in 1969. Never bettered it. Well done on your first ride. Always the hardest.​
Keith

Last edited:
U

User33236

My favourite course when i was a teen. Used to start in Blindfold Lane and the Skem turn was a small roundabout. My PB was on this course in 1969. Never bettered it. Well done on your first ride. Always the hardest.
Keith
Would agree with that. Learned a lot about myself and the handling on the TT bike I bought off a fellow club member at a great price. Was only my second time out on it!

Last edited by a moderator:

Sharky

Guru
Rather than putting in the extra effort i may try the E2 course :laugh:
I've, in the past tried some of the "fast" courses. When I lived on merseyside, we were envious of the Yorkshire courses and we did occasional raids over the Pennines to ride the O2 course. This was a very flat dual carriage way course on the A1, but unfortunately, every time I rode it, the winds were strong and times were always miserable. Events were also usually full fields, so the only times I got on was when it was a limit event.

In the 90's, my local courses were the Q courses (Kent) and fairly sporting. I struggled in those days to get under 70mins. But across the water in Essex, there was the notorious E72 course. I rode this a few times and always went faster, sometimes by over 5 mins compared with the Q courses. But once you get a "fast" time on a fast course, it's not as rewarding when you do a slower ride on a slow course.

Nowadays, I stick to our local Q courses and just try and better last years times, without venturing out to find those fast courses. But if I got within a couple of minutes to the hour, I might be tempted again.

Cheers
Keith

Top Bottom