Time Trial PB's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jerry Atrik

Veteran
Was really impressed how much you improved in such a short time , I'm determined to put a good winter's training in this time round and enjoyed your posts which proved it can be done , speedy recovery !

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Was really impressed how much you improved in such a short time , I'm determined to put a good winter's training in this time round and enjoyed your posts which proved it can be done , speedy recovery !
Thanks, if it's any consolation I feel terrible for letting it go :sad:, I only completed 8 TT's this year so I guess the writing was on the wall......

I'm off the bike at the minute, seeing an osteopath, just can't ride because of the stiff leg problem, I can just about get around the back problem on my road bike but my TT bike was an instrument of torture.
My kids are 8 and 10 and we have so much stuff going on I don't think I can be selfish enough to put the miles in and train hard enough to warrant the TT bike, whether I can get my back/leg right again and enter a few next year on my road bike remains to be seen (I was only 34 seconds quicker on our 10 course on the TT bike). Unfortunately I'm the type of person that if I can't do it right I won't do it just for the craic.
:ohmy: I hope it works out for you:okay:

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Club presentation dinner last night, silver medal club championship 10 mile TT vets on standard +2.23 for club champs back in July :smile: a little trinket for my efforts.
image.jpeg

mattobrien

Guru
In anticipation of my first season TTing I did a recce of my local course yesterday so I could get an understanding of it and what it feels like to ride it.

I cycled the 13 miles to it on my road bike and gave it beans for the 10 miles to see where I am and where I can improve.

While not an actual TT I think it has given me a benchmark and also some numbers to look at and work out how I can ride it better.

My goal for this year was to complete a TT on the road bike in 25min. In the recce run yesterday I managed 25:31, so 31 seconds to find in the course over a year, well maybe the target will get dropped to 24mins if I get to 25 quickly. Reasonably happy with my effort and can see that smoother power etc may help go faster.

Onward and upwards

Last edited:

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
Good effort. Should be able to take at least a minute off that time with a number on your back. But did you do the TT course from a standing start or did you just roll through when you got there?

mattobrien

Guru
Good effort. Should be able to take at least a minute off that time with a number on your back. But did you do the TT course from a standing start or did you just roll through when you got there?
We didn't have anyone to push off, but had it set up as a live segment, so tried to go to the start slowly and then power on, as opposed to charging through at 24mph.

I have now entered the club open as my first event - 25th of March and counting down the days. I have some training to do as I would like to get a bit fitter and also smoother on the power delivery. I need to get out on the road with my bike with the PM so I can even out the power delivery / make sure the power remains up there on down gradients.

I have a new (and hopefully faster) bike due to be delivered in June, so it will be interesting to compare results between the two bikes for the same power output. That said, the current bike isn't exactly poverty spec (as my LBS would say) so should be no slouch.

Once I get the new bike, I shall start saving my pennies for a TT machine. I suspect the SWMBO may not take too kindly to me being in an N+2 situation / buying another new bike before the current one on order arrives.

iggibizzle

Not done any flat ones for a while but have been doing hilly ones. Circuit of Pendle yesterday in 1hr 31.03. Speed worked out at 18.45mph according to the ctt results. 27 and a bit miles with around 1800ft climbing. I'm nearly 90kg but much prefer the hilly ones to flat. Could have shaved a min or 2 off I recon had I fitted the big chainrings I've been meaning to put on. Spinning out down long descents numerous times on a compact

mattobrien

Guru
My first TT yesterday, the Plomesgate Open 10. It was a windy day, so clocked a slower Ike than my recce a few weeks earlier, finishing with a time of 25:55. So 24 seconds slower, but the plus side is that I did manage to find an extra 20w compared to a the recce.
I came in 32/60 and was fastest novice. I am now looking forward to the weekly series starting and riding the course in less windy conditions.
I now have a TT bike on my wish list

PCC10 27:07, 26:27, 26:09 26.06, 25.52 NCCC10 26.24, 26.13, 26.04 25.55 Freuchie 10 26.06 (First and only go);
Brogborough 25.03 ABC 10/43 25.20 NC16H 26.43 Freuchie Hilly 10 29.50, Kings Cliffe 10 27.47 (No tt bars) Rollers 10 (Inches that is) 20.00
Broughton 27.10
Middleton 18.4 miles, 50.47, 50:12
PCC2 Up 16.7miles 45:53;
PCC Rimes Cup 20.6 miles TT 55:37;
PCC 22.3miles 1:02:09.

Time to update this list again after a 35sec PB on the Middleton course 50:12 :becool: Still plenty of room for improvement as I wasn't down in the Ski Poles enough, which was a good job when I rounded a blind bend in the second last village to find a queue of stationary cars :rolleyes:

iggibizzle

I've been doing the SpoCo events here in Lancashire. Varying lengths and elevations. Mostly dire weather. Most coming in between 18 and 19mph average speed braket. Not bad for my 1st attempts at stuff like this and being pretty heavy (90kg at 5ft 10) compared to the skinny lads!! I seem to go better on the longer ones with a couple thousand feet of climbing. Here I am yesterday on the circuit of wild boar. Although I was denied a useful time by a nail through my tyre 20 mile in

Attachments

• IMG_1664.jpg
    IMG_1664.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 59
PCC10 27:07, 26:27, 26:09 26.06, 25.52 NCCC10 26.24, 26.13, 26.04 25.55 Freuchie 10 26.06 (First and only go);
PCC 5.6, 14:36
Brogborough 25.03 ABC 10/43 25.20 NC16H 26.43 Freuchie Hilly 10 29.50, Kings Cliffe 10 27.47 (No tt bars) Rollers 10 (Inches that is) 20.00
Broughton 27.10
Middleton 18.4 miles, 50.47, 50:12
PCC2 Up 16.7miles 45:53;
PCC Rimes Cup 20.6 miles TT 55:37;
PCC 22.3miles 1:02:09.
A bit of a weird distance but there was road works on our usual course so we switched to the nearby road race loop. It measures 5.6miles and I was officially 14:36 (23mph) for it. Not the best of starts from me stuck in the wee ring and when I got out of it, the derailleur rubbed (I must of knocked the derailleur when transporting the bike:blush:). I also didn't start my Garmin straight away. As its the first time I've only done one lap of the RR Loop I've nothing officially to compare it too but its at least a 25secs PB :becool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom