Time Trial PB's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattobrien

Guru
PB'd on my club course last night with a 22:23. Strangely lower power (304w) than previous best (313w), but I imagine either conditions were more benevolent or I somehow made up for the lack of power by riding smarter. I like to think it is the latter, but I am sure it was the former.

Either way, that's 19s off my best for that course and a time I am pretty pleased with, especially considering that it is not a fast course.

Sharky

Guru
Managed to beat my age std by 1 second tonight. It seems to get harder each year to achieve. Was the penultimate 10 this year, so pleased with the result. It was a good night. Tail wind to the turn which is mostly up hill and not too hard on the way back.

Cronorider

Managed to beat my age std by 1 second tonight. It seems to get harder each year to achieve. Was the penultimate 10 this year, so pleased with the result. It was a good night. Tail wind to the turn which is mostly up hill and not too hard on the way back.

What is an age std?

Sharky

Guru
Wow - I am unaware of anything like this in Canada
It's a very good method of comparing your own performance year by year and allows for gradual slowing down with age. Shouldn't take too much notice of the standard itself, as this has been derived from performances all over the UK. One rider in our club is an ex pro and he beats his standard by 5 minutes on a 10 mile TT. But knowing your own plus or minus against the standard and achieving this each year is a really good way of motivating yourself and judging your fitness.

Cronorider

It's a very good method of comparing your own performance year by year and allows for gradual slowing down with age. Shouldn't take too much notice of the standard itself, as this has been derived from performances all over the UK. One rider in our club is an ex pro and he beats his standard by 5 minutes on a 10 mile TT. But knowing your own plus or minus against the standard and achieving this each year is a really good way of motivating yourself and judging your fitness.

It appears that I am ahead of the 40km, 60 yr old standard by 9 minutes 46 seconds

Cronorider

Must be about an hour 25 miles. It is indeed a very respectable time, but have a look at some of the age records:-
http://www.vtta.org.uk/information/...&Gender=1&Machine=1&filter_button=Get+Records

These riders are super human.

Those are some very fast times

Trent Valley CC C10/28 24.44
FCA Cleish 10 24.56
FCA Freuchie 10 26.06 (First TT and only go);
FCA Freuchie Hilly 10 29.50,
PCC10 27:07, 26:27, 26:09 26.06, 25.52, 25.11, 25.10, 24.46
NC1/10 Sawtry 27.20 25.58, 25:15
N3/10 Lamport 25:54
NCCC Flawborough10 26.24, 26.13, 26.04 25.55
NCCC Elston 10 25:31 25.03
PCC 5.6, 14:36
Brogborough 10 25.03
ABC 10/43 25.20
NC16H 26.43, 25.43
Kings Cliffe 10 27.47 (No tt bars)
Rollers 10 (Inches that is) 20.00
Broughton 27.10
Middleton 18.4 miles, 50.47, 50:12
PCC2 Up 16.7miles 45:53; Smith Cup (same 16.7 miles course Solo) 44.10
PCC Rimes Cup 20.6 miles TT 55:37;
PCC 22.3miles Beardsall Cup 1:02:09, 58:07.
Guilden Morden 25 1:03:46
PB'd the hilly Husbands Bosworth TT by a minute today (a 25.43). I think there's room to improve that. I had to sit up for an oncoming muppet deciding to OT a caravan (its ok its only a cyclist,he's only traveling 33mph :rolleyes:) eventually he got the message and pulled in. Every twist/dip/bend seemed to be busy with traffic after that. Then the doh moment, unloaded for a sprint to the flag, only to look down and see there was half a mile to go, it was a windsock not the finish
1f602.png

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I've decided after a two year sebatical, it's time to re-enter the time trial pain cave. So over the winter months I'll be building up a new rig and trying to break the 25min barrier..............

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
What ya gonna build mate ?
It wont be nothing spectacular......looking at possibly a chinese aero road frame, rather than a full TT frameset. But will see what budget i got after selling my dale synapse hi mod frame

Top Bottom