Time Trial PB's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I must admit I find the slower sporting and irregular distance courses more fun :wacko: I think this Saturday's open is a 20.8miles, if I do under 55mins for it I'll be happy :becool:
Oh well missed out by 25 secs. Had a near head on with (you've probably guessed) an Audi, overtaking another rider straight into my path (I was only doing 35mph then) freaked me out for a bit. Got to the turn around only to have to weave through a traffic jam. My wrist/ hands started playing up. The rider in front of me took a wrong turn which totally disorientated me :shy: Slowed down expecting to be caught but wasn't so I assumed in the heat of the moment it was me who was wrong and u'turned to finally see my following minute man cue another u'turn. Then not thinking right got too close to the end before starting to go above my threshold power :sad:

Sharky

Guru
Oh well missed out by 25 secs. Had a near head on with (you've probably guessed) an Audi, overtaking another rider straight into my path (I was only doing 35mph then) freaked me out for a bit. Got to the turn around only to have to weave through a traffic jam. My wrist/ hands started playing up. The rider in front of me took a wrong turn which totally disorientated me :shy: Slowed down expecting to be caught but wasn't so I assumed in the heat of the moment it was me who was wrong and u'turned to finally see my following minute man cue another u'turn. Then not thinking right got too close to the end before starting to go above my threshold power :sad:

U turns in a time trial - those were the days. My 25 PB was on a course with a U Turn in the middle of a road and it was quite a busy road at that.

Good ride though.
Cheers Keith

screenman

Legendary Member

You do get a prize though, most excuses for not getting a pb.^_^

Managed 22:18 yesterday on the B10/43. A new PB and 23s faster than last week on the same course.
Nice one I thinking about doing the B10/43 again myself but its a 200+miles trip for 10. If I do though I'd be aiming for a sub 25 :okay:

mattobrien

Guru
Nice one I thinking about doing the B10/43 again myself but its a 200+miles trip for 10. If I do though I'd be aiming for a sub 25 :okay:
It's about 30 miles each way for me so not too bad. It's quite a bit quicker than my club evening course (B10/9), the best I've managed on that it a high 23, so the B10/43 is around 1m30s quicker for me.

You could always ride a 10 on a Saturday afternoon and a 25 on the Sunday morning on the same roads, with an overnight stay to make a weekend of it. There seem to be a few weekends when that is possible.

I'm booked on for th B10/36r on 6th August, which I am led to believe may be a little quicker than the B10/43. It's also local enough that I can go and practice it too, just need to pick a quiet time to do so.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Had another go at the club 10 tonight. Knocked 30 seconds off my previous time, so I should be happy with that but...

I reached the halfway point in around 12 minutes, so was well on course to smash my PB out of the park, but I struggled towards the end. I was really pushing hard to break the 25 minute barrier but the last 500m seemed to go on forever and I eventually finished in 25:15.

So, I'm pleased at the improvement but frustrated at the same time.

Probably need to learn to pace myself better and not go out so hard at the start.

Caught my minute man though, which was satisfying, especially as he had the full pointy hat and deep rim wheels thing going on.

FCA Cleish 10 24.56
FCA Freuchie 10 26.06 (First TT and only go);
FCA Freuchie Hilly 10 29.50,
PCC10 27:07, 26:27, 26:09 26.06, 25.52, 25.11, 25.10
NC1/10 Sawtry 27.20 25.58, 25:15
N3/10 Lamport 25:54
NCCC Flawborough10 26.24, 26.13, 26.04 25.55
NCCC Elston 10 25:31 25.03
PCC 5.6, 14:36
Brogborough 10 25.03
ABC 10/43 25.20
NC16H 26.43
Kings Cliffe 10 27.47 (No tt bars)
Rollers 10 (Inches that is) 20.00
Broughton 27.10
Middleton 18.4 miles, 50.47, 50:12
PCC2 Up 16.7miles 45:53; Smith Cup (same 16.7 miles course Solo) 44.10
PCC Rimes Cup 20.6 miles TT 55:37;
PCC 22.3miles Beardsall Cup 1:02:09, 58:07.

I'm nothing if but consistent and did a 1s PB on the PCC course tonight a 25.10. Lol you can see the power spike half way when a driver decided to pull out. Despite me easing off, they realised I was going a lot faster than them and stopped dead. The power surge is me getting back up to speed :laugh:

mattobrien

Guru
Managed a 23:02 on our club evening course on thursday. A CB for me by around 50s and geting very close to the 22's.

I am now getting much better at pacing myself and managed to put out more watts than the open on the previous Saturday. Plus my Nopinz trip suit arrived, so I am sure that help (quite) a bit too.

Looking forward to my next open, but that's not until 6th August. Must go and practice the course before then.

Top Bottom