Time Trial PB's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveT

Über Member
27:48 last evening 10 of the year, time to.improve before it rolls round again

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
31:58 on the U103 course between Iron Acton & Charfield.....

47 second PB.... :rolleyes:

IMG_20180725_080106.jpg

viniga

Guru
The club switched course last night up to the A77 and I got a course and best ever 10 PB of 24:31. It's a bit faster than the normal course but I'm well chuffed as my goal this season was to beat 25 on any course and I didn't think that was going to happen after I came off!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Not me (I was 2 mins slower) but my 14yo son got a PB up Cragg Vale yesterday, riding it in 20:28 to win the U15 Juvenile prize: https://www.cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/race-results/17535

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
My racing days are loooong past but I found my records recently.

10 mile - 25.30
25 mile - 1.5.45

Both done on the bike in my avatar, an Ivor Holmes on 84" fixed wheel. (Note: No pointy hat, no tri bars, no disc wheels, no carbon frame, no Garmin or power meter. The only aids I had were my legs!). The world was in black & white in those days. I wish I was young enough and fit enough to have a go on one of today's bikes. I'm pretty sure I would be faster. :smile:

EDIT: I recently found my record book and it reminded me that my 10 was actually timed at 25.22 but the timekeeper wasn't absolutely sure his stopwatch was working correctly, so I took my time from the stopwatch I carried on my handlebars. As I didn't stop it until I had crossed the line my time was probably somewhere between the two. I'm happy to call it 25.30 though.

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
When I started racing, back in '67, the top ride was Dave Dungworth and comp record for a 25 was 52mins. I was in awe of this time and even at my best could only get within 10 minutes. And when Alf broke 50 mins, it was amazing.

But my RTTC (old names are hard to forget) handbook arrived yesterday and thumbing through the current records, comp record is now down to 42 minutes!
Are these riders human? Just an amazing a 10 minute improvement over those 50 years. Will we ever see a 30 minute 25?

If I can regain fitness this year, I will be really pleased if I can get within 30mins of the current comp record.

Kempstonian

Do they still race on 'out and back' courses or are they different these days? Most of the ones I rode involved a turn at some point and a retrace, except for the F4, so if you had a following wind in one direction you got a headwind coming the other way.
Some of the times they are doing now are unbelievably fast.

Kempstonian

I've got some pictures I took when I went to watch the 1965 National Champs 25 TT. I'll have to post them (even though they're not that brilliant!).

Top Bottom