Time Trial PB's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm consistently slower this year so far :-( The only thing I can put it down too as everyone else I know got PB's on one of these nights is that tri bars are making me slower about 25-30secs :-/
Whether it any good or not I've just took a punt on RALTech aero cover, hopefully that will lead to a pb, although it is a bit of a cheat if it does.

Waspie

Über Member
I'm consistently slower this year so far :-( The only thing I can put it down too as everyone else I know got PB's on one of these nights is that tri bars are making me slower about 25-30secs :-/
Whether it any good or not I've just took a punt on RALTech aero cover, hopefully that will lead to a pb, although it is a bit of a cheat if it does.

Do you adjust your saddle setup when you have the bars fitted? At first when I fitted my tri bars, the effect on my time was negligible until I got my saddle position sorted (well better at least).

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
@Waspie I'm using my carbon bike but I put its saddle height to the same as my ti bike, its about 10mm lower than it was last year. What did you do, raise it? That could be worth a try, although I think a large part of it is lack of confidence on the tri bars :-/

Doesn't sound that far fetched considering that a road bike and a TT bike are fundamentally different at the front end, with the TT bike being slacker to remain stable when weight is shifted forward, a road bike, which is already responsive is going to be a little more butt clenching with weight being shifted right forward.

I suppose you need to "practice" most likely. You will get comfortable with it in time.

Waspie

Über Member
@Waspie I'm using my carbon bike but I put its saddle height to the same as my ti bike, its about 10mm lower than it was last year. What did you do, raise it? That could be worth a try, although I think a large part of it is lack of confidence on the tri bars :-/

I tried moving the saddle forward with limited success, so then I got the aluminium version of this which semed to make the bike feel so much better on the tri bars. Also used a beaten up old Planet X saddle rather than the normal road saddle. Much comfier when setting further forward on the saddle.

Brightski

Chronos Racing Team
I got one today. I'm not in your ballpark, Rob, but I was pleased with 57:25
Well done :thumbsup:

Got a seasons PB tonight (OT 27:27); I was 4secs faster last year on that course without tri bars but it was also without hayfever and a dodgy calf I should have rested but when the weather is good :rolleyes: plus I might not have the time in a few weeks and I can rest then :rolleyes:
Steve Lampiere (Pro) was an amazing 20:59 tonight :bravo:
Still way behind my overall pb (26:06) on a slightly hillier course but with a ski ramp start and a meander back up rather than the steeper direct way you come down. Edit which ironically my first 10mile TT on that course, although I had done a 5 mile TT on the same course the week before and knew where the gains and loses were in the first half.

Last edited:
Top Bottom