Time Trial PB's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Thanks that clarifies it, but in essence are they what you'd call "flat" ?
Well the gradients balance out and most "normal" TT courses are on flattish roads. But there are "hilly" events as well, particularly early season. There is a regulation that requires start and finishes to be close to each other, but can be a 1/4 mile apart (not sure of the exact rule) to provide safe start and end points. However some course designers take advantage by starting at the top of a hill, but finishing at the bottom on the return.

I'm curious about average TT speeds (if there is such a thing). I did my one and only TT when i was around 16yrs old some where around the back of Knutsford, close to Tatton park if i remember well. I've read through quite a bit of this thread but i'm wondering how vertical (climbing) metres are factored in, surely that's a massive variable or are the courses all pretty flat ?
I prefer sporting courses which are quite undulating as oppose to flat. Sporting courses seem to be about 2-3mph slower but I find them more fun and on lighter trafficked roads :okay:

I prefer sporting courses which are quite undulating as oppose to flat. Sporting courses seem to be about 2-3mph slower but I find them more fun and on lighter trafficked roads :okay:

Roughly how much undulation, ie how many ft/m over the course ?

Would love to watch a TT again, just a local club level event. Love seeing the extremities of our sport:okay:

Roughly how much undulation, ie how many ft/m over the course ?

Would love to watch a TT again, just a local club level event. Love seeing the extremities of our sport:okay:
There's not too much elevation here. There a about 325ft over 9.9miles. The hilliest 10 miles TT I've did here was 690ft. The last hillier one I did up north was 760ft in 9.8miles. Sporting courses tend also to be irregular distances 😂

SWSteve

Guru
Haha, think I need to stick the aero bars on and give my roadie a go, then see which courses are available on the club scene.
would love to hit 25 minutes, but not sure.

13 rider

Guru
Just hit a 29 second PB in our final monthly club 8.3 mile TT. 23:16, i'm well chuffed with that. Even beat some of the boys
That practice on the commute paid off then

SWSteve

Guru
The Club TT I used to get stuck in on ~4 years ago now has 2 sets of temporary lights, 1 won’t be moving for months. Any ideas on how to find weekly tests run by clubs?

rivers

How far can I go?
The Club TT I used to get stuck in on ~4 years ago now has 2 sets of temporary lights, 1 won’t be moving for months. Any ideas on how to find weekly tests run by clubs?
I think Bristol South run a weekly TT on Wednesdays around Chew Lake. Although there was a set of temporary lights there today that weren't there yesterday.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Not my performance, but I watched and cheered.
Daughter managed 3:55 on the sporting 10 mile course from Royal Wootton Bassett (?B86) at the weekend. Beat 75 men @rivers ;).
UACY9914.JPG

1598220960808.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom