Time Trialling - a beginner's perspective

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

screenman

Legendary Member
Jig-saw, I am confused by your line "got peed off and board after the third paragraph so gaveup" Did you mean bored?

Good write up OP, hopefully it will encourage others to have a go.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Great write up, as someone who is wanting to TT this year its good for me :smile:

Loved reading your post Frank. I did my first local 10 last July after treating myself to a new Cube road bike. I've now done 3 TT's on the same course at Saighton, outside Chester. Did 29-29 first out. Followed that 2 weeks later with a 29-20 and on Thursday i did 29-13, so i'm getting a bit faster. Consistent, but faster. I'm hooked and can't wait till the next one

Norry1

Legendary Member
Nice write up
thumbsup.png

I did my first 10 mile TT last year and did 32.31 which I was pleased with at the time. Last night I did my second TT over the same course and did 27.57. I was on my Secteur with raised stem and rear rack (panniers were off luckily :smile:) and looked a bit out of place amongst the low slung TT bikes and pointy hats - although I had fitted aero bars.

I can see how you can get addicted to these events. Only time will tell whether in 12 months time, I have moved onto a TT bike, pointy hat, shoe socks etc :smile:

There is a write up in my blog if anyone is interested.

Martin

gds58

Über Member
i found that bloody hard work to read thanks to the irritating missing spaces between words :angry:

got peed off and board after the third paragraph so gaveup :whistle:

Maybe before you make such unpleasant comments as this, you should learn to spell correctly! It's BORED not BOARD!! I used to race and in particular, Time Trials to a very high standard but I still read this and found it really interesting and a good bit of inspiration to those who might be shying away from having a go. I don't think it needed such comments as you have made in respect of a few typographical errors that we all make from time to time!

Graham

zexel

Veteran
Nice write up, ta for that.

Was going to ask what your average HR was for your fastest time, but then see your last paragraph. Doh.

Keep us updated.

Ride safe all.

Top Bottom