Time Z Control Pedals?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

samid

Guru
Has anybody used those? I've been using Time ATAC pedals (like Aliums) for a while, incl. for touring, and generally like them. The only drawback is, riding them in street shoes is awkward. Time Z look better in this regard on photos... opinions?

Cullin

Über Member
Hi, I use them on my ICE Q Trike, I like them as they seem to spread the pressure out a bit. Redmountduo has done a few thousand miles on normal clips, and says he can feel a big difference with the new Z's he bought a short while ago.
So thumbs up, as far as we are concerned.
You can get shoes that have the clip slightly more recessed, as we have (Shimano SPD) and allow you to walk OK.

As said, i can tell a marked difference in the support given by the Z pedal.
This is very noticable when climbing and seems much more comfortable.
I like to ride in sandals, but always had trouble with the stiffness of the sole. Using the Z pedal has totally cured this.
Highly recommended....and great value!!

OP
OP
samid

samid

Guru
Hi Cullin and Redmountduo, thanks for the info. Looks like I was not clear enough with my question though. I'm already using Shimano SPD shoes (don't remember the model, the plain black ones that look relatively normal) and Shimano sandals. My understanding is that "Z" clips (or whatever the part that attaches to the shoe is called) are the same as for ATAC pedals, so I'm not worried about walking in those - but, I'd like to know whether it were possible/easy to sometimes also ride in normal street shoes with the new Z pedals?

If you are on a trike, definetley not. The danger of you slipping off the pedals is too great. ( In my opinion).
If you are on two wheels this may be ok, but i do not have experience of these and cannot say for sure.
It is possible to get shoes with a deeper recess that allows comfortable use off the bike.
I use Shimano MT52 and find them perfect on and off the trike.

Top Bottom