Timed my 3 mile ride today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
That's a pretty good time. Relax and enjoy it. It isn't the Tour de France unless you want it to be.

BTW, welcome.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Use Strava on your phone and it will give you actual moving time and pause when you stop and will work out your average and record your max speed also....:thumbsup:
And then you can game the moving speed by hammering it up to the stops and slamming the brakes on... right up until the brakes fail to stop you in time :rolleyes:

It all depends where you're riding and what the conditions are. My moving average drops well below 10mph in town, but I've done 14mph for a rural round trip (carrying panniers of shopping on the return) taking it fairly easy mainly because there were few junctions where I needed to stop.

Cyclist33

And then you can game the moving speed by hammering it up to the stops and slamming the brakes on... right up until the brakes fail to stop you in time :rolleyes:

It all depends where you're riding and what the conditions are. My moving average drops well below 10mph in town, but I've done 14mph for a rural round trip (carrying panniers of shopping on the return) taking it fairly easy mainly because there were few junctions where I needed to stop.

This is why disc brakes have become so popular on road bikes - it allows Strava junkies to brake sharply at the end of segments to make their times look better. That the discs scream like a banshee in the slightest presence of moisture also allows them to bellow out their presence as they pull up behind you at traffic lights.

Rykard

Veteran
Mine was 15mins in 25 mins home - guesscwhich way is uphill

Hulk_slogan

I've only recently got back on a bike. Can manage 10 miles in an hour 30 or there abouts, with a mixture of gunning it and then easy going. Im pretty unfit and have a few health issues which make it harder.

Put it this way, its more exercise than I would do sitting at home, it gets me out in the fresh (sort of) air and its enjoyable.

I just want to get a bit fitter and be able to accomplish 40 miles in a days easy riding as I'd like to do the c2c later this year over 4 days or so.

Keep it fun!

Top Bottom