Timesheets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
In the police theyvd occasionally make us do activity analysis forms. This got more and more and more onerous to the poi t they had to add a "completing activity analysis form" code. The ridiculousness of the whole thing never occurred to the scrambled egg ranks.

Sharky

Guru
The effort estimation for a task should include the time required to complete any associated admin tasks. I used to pro rata the time taken to complete timesheets across the main tasks of the week.

Even better if you fill your timesheets as you go, each day.

If you are passing costs onto a customer or internal budget, the time needs to go with the task being worked on.

vickster

Legendary Member
I have to do mine for invoicing so at least there's a reason. I didn't much like them when in a permanent role and there was no specific incentive other than being nagged /cajoled/ threatened!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Oooo - blast from the past that is. Opportunity for forgery accurate accounting everyday.

Time sheets were thought of by someone who obviously had time on their hands. There were times when I was at work, it seemed that I spent more time filling in time sheets than actually doing what I was paid to be doing.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Time sheets were thought of by someone who obviously had time on their hands. There were times when I was at work, it seemed that I spent more time filling in time sheets than actually doing what I was paid to be doing.
I used to put an entry on my timesheet logging the time spent filling in the timesheet. I got a few filthy looks, but I said that we DID spend that amount of time doing it, and asked if they wanted a complete and honest account or not! :okay:

We were always supposed to account for about 80% of our time and that wood keep the management happy.The only problem was that some jobs took longer to complete and they did`nt like it if you put too much time down on one job. But there were ways and means. Boy do I not miss those days. I am pleased that Mrs S has`nt come up with a time sheet for when I do the housework !

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I'm responsible for the "End of Shift Reports" for the team at work which are effectively a broad overview of the work day submitted to goodness knows where - I make them up and nobody seems to cross check with actual attendance and work performed as I've never had any feedback. In fact I went for a couple of months when I couldn't submit them due to a computer "upgrade" and nothing was said.

Top Bottom