Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Training, Fitness and Health' started by kingrollo, 2 Mar 2018.

1. Katherine

Katherine Guru Moderator

Drago likes this.
  2. Drago

Drago Guru

BPPV, Nurembergs, flatulence, anal incontinence, tourettes, psychopathy, that sort of thing.

3. byegad

byegad Guru

I can recommend a white noise generator as a sleeping aid, although I often use a radio too.

4. The Jogger

The Jogger Guru

I've had tinnitus for about three years now, a constant hissing noise. I wouldn't be surprised I didn't get it from my old job, with the screeching some of the trains use to make , also some of the screeching the customers often made;)

5. OP
    OP
    kingrollo

kingrollo Über Member

No real change so far......however today I had a major migraine so took a paracetamol - and got a pretty massive reduction in tinitus noise ? - all I need is a herbal paracetamol !!!

As an aside I have been listening to music on my phone at work - why does the music seem very quiet at first and then seems to get louder the longer its on ?

6. OP
    OP
    kingrollo

kingrollo Über Member

Not a cure or limited to tinitus sufferers - but this is an awesome piece of kit - it keeps your ears warm, as do many skull caps - problem this time of year is that you start cold but then overheat - this ticks a lot boxes because you can still have ear warmth - but allow a bit of ventilation from your head (good for baldies !)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Funkier-Thermal-Winter-Ear-Band/dp/B00IDDBC26

7. Nigel-YZ1

Nigel-YZ1 Guru

Had an ear infection three years ago. It gave me the full locked in syndrome of no external sound getting in for about a week. When I recovered the high pitched tone had already started. Its a bit shitty for listening to classical music with although in most other areas I'm habituated to it.
    Cycling makes it quieter, eating salty stuff makes it worse.

8. Eagone

Eagone Well-Known Member

Tinnitus was a 40th present from life itself

I don’t notice it’s any worse through outdoor cycling but when I over exert myself like on Zwift tonight then it flares worse.

You get used to it and it becomes the norm, it’s worse when you have a cold or blocked sinuses etc.,

When I first had it I became very anxious and sleepless, I’d pace the house at 2am.
    I now go to bed and don’t even think about it.

There’s no cure at the moment, but maybe one day....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice