Tiny scrack scott carbon frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zumi

7DB308E1-802F-4B2C-80AE-DB6E6127D89B.jpeg

Hi everyone
I discovered a little crack on my scott foil 20 carbon bike :sad: i assume it happened when changing the brakes…
I wonder if this crack will grow if I continue biking?
How urgently needs this crack to be repaired? Any cheap ways to fix this?
Thanks a million 🙏🙏

Last edited by a moderator:

boydj

Legendary Member
More likely to be a scratch in the paint. Keep an eye on it, but I don't think it's anything to worry about. Carbon bikes are not delicate little things, they have to be pretty robust.

Big John

Guru
Sure it's a crack? Absolutely sure? If it is then it may enlarge as the crack spreads. The next step would then depend on how much you love your bike and it's aesthetics. I cracked my carbon frame about 15 years ago (I know, I know. My bike is past it's sell by date according to everyone on here) but I fixed the crack (not pretty) and it's as good now as when I fixed it. I still ride it, have raced on it (mass start, not TT) and it's my summer bike of choice. IF (massive if) it's cracked then source a carbon repair kit on the net. Follow the instructions and it'll last until you really do some damage. It sure as hell won't look pretty but if that's an issue then have it fixed with the pros at pro money. Compared to the damage I did your crack is minimal and more probably a scratch. Nice looking bike though.

OP
OP
Z

zumi

Thanks so much for the replies 🙏 I hope it is the paint only, Ill check how I can find this out 🤔
If it’s not the paint can I put some rasin in the crack to prevent the crack from getting bigger

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
What do you mean? What do you suggest to do.

Cracks normally appear at stressed areas on a frame. Not much through there so I'd put it down to the paint. Just monitor it and see how it goes.

Top Bottom