Tiny trunk bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Did you shrink it in the wash? :laugh:
It's actually really useful on Camping trips to carry Wallet, Phone, Camera, spare pouch of Baccy, Tool Kit etc so you can just slide it off and not leave anything valuable in the Carradice Panniers when stopping for 'Re-Hydration' in a wayside Hostelry. :cheers: A 'Bar Bag' on a clip would be as good but that's where the Tent lives.

Oh and BTW it only works with the Topeak rack system, no 'velcro' straps to fit it to standard racks.

vickster

Legendary Member
The OP is commuting not camping

vickster

Legendary Member
Ah but the 'brief' was to recommend a tiny trunk bag and as he has a Topeak rack I thought the RX would be ideal, it also has the benefit of the excellent quality Topeak are known for, I thought you were a fellow 'fan' of their products.
I am but that one looks silly :whistle:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I am but that one looks silly :whistle:
You ought to see what it looks like on the back of my Ridgeback on its own. :laugh: but TBH paired up with a set of Panniers (or even a single like the OP uses) it's fine. I bought it yonks ago (17-18yrs) when I got into the whole Topeak 'system' malarkey and it has proved very versatile initially going on the beam rack as at the time I didn't know about the side supports for that so was using the medium bag but was unable to use the 'dropdown' panniers but now the big un has split a seam I'm gonna get a new one of those* and remove the internals from the side pockets of the old one to make that more useful,

*When Santa (AKA Mum) gives me some cash at Crimble as I have to buy something tangible with it rather than pi55 it up the wall.

vickster

Legendary Member
You ought to see what it looks like on the back of my Ridgeback on its own. :laugh: but TBH paired up with a set of Panniers (or even a single like the OP uses) it's fine. I bought it yonks ago (17-18yrs) when I got into the whole Topeak 'system' malarkey and it has proved very versatile initially going on the beam rack as at the time I didn't know about the side supports for that so was using the medium bag but was unable to use the 'dropdown' panniers but now the big un has split a seam I'm gonna get a new one of those* and remove the internals from the side pockets of the old one to make that more useful,

*When Santa (AKA Mum) gives me some cash at Crimble as I have to buy something tangible with it rather than pi55 it up the wall.
Quit smoking you’ll have loads more cash ;)

Here's my hybrid with the Ridge one on. But before you lot laugh, it *IS* a 13 inch frame... :laugh:

IMG_0058_small.jpg

GuyBoden

Guru
The Decathlon fishing bag for £13 looks good too, I nearly bought one.......

12x7x7inch 600 denier polyester.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/bag-start-boilie-id_8300648.html

big_555349.jpg

Edit: I forgot, it also glows in the dark, which might be interesting on a bike.

Last edited:
Top Bottom