Tiny weeny light...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daddybus

Über Member
I bought this ratty (but natty) little GEC light a while ago for pennies, put it on a shelf & sort of forgot about it, decided tonight to give it a bit of a clean up, fresh battery & bulb...
I love it! such a cute little thing, just got to decide which bike deserves it the most lol ... Stupid little things like this make me happy :smile:

Attachments

• IMG_20160317_193615.jpg
    IMG_20160317_193615.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_20160317_193705.jpg
    IMG_20160317_193705.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20160317_193729.jpg
    IMG_20160317_193729.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 44

shadaboot27

I bought this ratty (but natty) little GEC light a while ago for pennies, put it on a shelf & sort of forgot about it, decided tonight to give it a bit of a clean up, fresh battery & bulb...
I love it! such a cute little thing, just got to decide which bike deserves it the most lol ... Stupid little things like this make me happy :smile:

That's strange. I literally just got one of these on one of the bike I bought. I've never seen one before and now I've seen two in the past day. Although mines a lot more rusty. They are pretty cool little lights.

shadaboot27

Thought it was going to take some long obsolete battery ...fortunately just a normal D type torch battery :thumbsup:

That's exactly what I thought, i thought it would take some random pre 60's battery that they dont make any more, which is exactly why i didn't bother even trying to get it working. I'm glad you've done it though, now I know it can run off the modern ones.

OP
OP
Daddybus

Daddybus

Über Member
Handy tip time... D'ya know how they put a bit of ribbon in radio battery compartments to make it easier to remove the battery?.. Its a good idea to do that with this cos the battery is a snug fit ...fine to put one in.. but I can imagine it would be a nightmare to remove/change on a dark rainy night :smile:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Viciously off topic, but when I see that light I can only think of natty arduino projects. That lamp housing looks plenty generous and with modern LEDs and high density batteries, the gubbins you could hide in there are legion.

Top Bottom