tip of the day!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
In the winter always heat your clothing up before going out in the cold. By the time this heat has gone....your body heat will have taken over...simple!....lets pass on some wisdom/tips to keep our wheels rolling this winter (spring is just around the corner...hurrah!)

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Wear shorts in sub zero weather, it makes the hot shower feel like heaven!^_^

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
On a cold, cold day, tear some paper up and place the pieces down your tights, over your private zone, to avoid the worst pain you've ever felt in your life (stole that from Adrian and it's the best tip I ever had).

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
In the winter always heat your clothing up before going out in the cold. By the time this heat has gone....your body heat will have taken over...simple!....lets pass on some wisdom/tips to keep our wheels rolling this winter (spring is just around the corner...hurrah!)

It's nice in the morning, and we have a drying cabinet at work that means my kit is nice and warm when I get in it for the ride home.

OP
OP
runner

runner

Guru
Use metal tyre levers. The plastic ones always break.
Do they not mark the rims? As a kid I remember using spoons.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I really admire riders who wear shorts in winterI never could
Its nothing to admire, its insane ;)
See my 'Your Ride Today' report, er, today!

Don't bother, I'll summarise - I saw a younger rider wearing shorts today. It was 2 degrees C here with a bitter 20 kph WNW wind and he had a bone-chilling descent to do from the summit at nearly 400 metres ...:eek::cold:

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
There you go, proven insanity....
I honestly only ever wear shorts on the bike and they aren't cycling shorts either, just old cargo shorts I used to wear out and about.

Top Bottom