tip of the day!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shadow master

I'm the other way round - my fingers start off cold, but warm up after 15-20 minutes of cycling! (As long as my gloves do not get wet.)
Yep same here 7 miles of riding my blood temperature rises and hand feel fine even on the coldest days,feel sorry for people that ride just under 7 as they never experience the bodies central heating system at work!

shadow master

"Train smarter not harder" took me years to learn this,the secret to training is the recovery not the activity!

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
It's nice in the morning, and we have a drying cabinet at work that means my kit is nice and warm when I get in it for the ride home.
We did too but no more so my commute clothing tip is if its wet when you leave the house, always take a dry pair of socks with you (or keep a stock at work) there are few less pleasant feelings than slipping your feet into damp clammy socks.

Save a fortune on laundry bills. Give your dirty shirts to Oxfam. They
will wash and iron them and you can buy them back for fifty pence.
50p! When were you last in a charity shop?
roflmao.gif

fimm

Veteran
Ladies (sorry, this really doesn't work for the men) - if you commute in office wear, when it is raining hard, wear a skirt. Or rather, take the skirt with you, but wear a cheap pair of waterproof trousers over your tights. This is comfortable enough for a short commute but not as hot and annoying as waterproofs over trousers. In the office just nip into the toilet to change. Do not forget your skirt...

(This may be counterintuitive, but if it is only raining a bit, a skirt is better too as tights dry out more quickly than trousers do.)

Slioch

Guru
No don't do this! Metal levers damage your bike's wheel rims and can cause damage to a tube if you are not uber careful. Instead use good quality plastic tyre levers such as Park ones not rubbish ones from Aldi, Wilco or Halfords.

Hmmm. Fair point! It was probably cheap plastic ones wot broke on me. I'll invest in a set of the Park ones as suggested (but will still probably carry one metal one - just for insurance ;) ).

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Carry a teaspoon in your saddle pack - just the right shape to remove mud build-up from your close clearance mudguards. (You may have to remove wheels first).

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I don't like the set of Park blue plastic tyre levers I bought, I found them too flexible - these SKS levers however are the dogs danglies and cheep as chips.
Crikey, what tyres are you removing that makes those mommas flex? Brand new M+'s and; my personal nemesis; Vittoria Radonneur's can't flex the ones I've got.

If you weren't in that Perth, I'd DM you my address to save them clogging up your workshop space
:thumbsup:

My Bro works for a company with head offices in Perth, he's a miserable toad and loves nowhere more than is own front room but quite looks forward to the AGM/Mandatory attendance Christmas party over there each year, it must be a lovely place.

Top Bottom