Tipping Point (is it rigged)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyb47

Guru
I enjoy watching ITVs Tipping Point, but is it rigged. Watching some YouTube vids seriously throws some doubts into it authenticity. Sometimes those counters will magically move sideways suggesting there's a magnet under the counter..Have a look on YouTube, as it's quite funny to see them breathing the laws of physics 🤣

classic33

Leg End Member
Following the path of least resistance breaks the laws of physics.

Domus

Guru
It's TV, I wouldn't believe anything on TV.
A local family café/restaurant were approached by the company making Gordon Ramesy's TV show where he rescues a business from their own incompetence. The producers said they had to burn a batch of their signature tarts on purpose so Gordon could rant and swear and put things right. They told the producers to forget the whole thing.

Sharky

Guru
I guess a lot of what you see on TV is rigged.
One scenario that irks me is programs like "Who do you think you are". The celebrity will knock on the door of a distant relative and the door opens and all parties demonstrate "surprise" and "pleased to see you" etc, The next scene is from the inside of the house, with the cameraman already on the inside and the celeb entering the house for the first time.
It can't be a coincidence that there was already a TV crew in the house just waiting!

Tenkaykev

Guru
I guess a lot of what you see on TV is rigged.
One scenario that irks me is programs like "Who do you think you are". The celebrity will knock on the door of a distant relative and the door opens and all parties demonstrate "surprise" and "pleased to see you" etc, The next scene is from the inside of the house, with the cameraman already on the inside and the celeb entering the house for the first time.
It can't be a coincidence that there was already a TV crew in the house just waiting!
I’m in awe of the camera operators in climbing / mountaineering programs/ documentaries. You see the presenter perched in some really precarious situation, or tackling a difficult pitch and think “ that looks scary “ forgetting that the camera operator is in a similar situation but with all that photographic gear to carry and operate.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I'm not surprised. Recently the back story of Wheeler Dealers was put onto Youtube; the cars were bought, prepped and sold outside of the 'TV show' stuff with most bits just for show.

And don't forget that although they always seem to make a profit, that's often due to never counting the cost of skilled labour or the fact that Mike often manages to "find" the rarest and most obscure spare parts in a skip or down the back of the sofa...

As for Tipping Point, nothing would surprise me about TV game shows. The Chase often raises an eyebrow given the apparently easy questions that the Chaser often gets, or the stopping and starting of the clock...

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Maz is an avid TP fan (mainly for the questions though) so I see it sometimes, I'm convinced that there is someone at the back with magnets, maybe the same person who puts the tokens into the top of the thing. :rolleyes:
I've held that idea of TP for quite a while. :laugh:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
For that matter, why do they send national news reporters hundreds of miles to present news 'live' from the location... it's often got dark, it's usually freezing cold, it's raining and it's windy but they still have to 'go over live' to the poor reporter standing in front if a dejected cameraman and sound recordist, several hours after the news story broke and everyone else has gone home.

Top Bottom