Tipping Point (is it rigged)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
For that matter, why do they send national news reporters hundreds of miles to present news 'live' from the location... it's often got dark, it's usually freezing cold, it's raining and it's windy but they still have to 'go over live' to the poor reporter standing in front if a dejected cameraman and sound recordist, several hours after the news story broke and everyone else has gone home.
I was thinking that the other night watching the Channel 4 news. The facts could easily be reported from the studio. I assume it is because TV news producers think that TV viewers should have something to look at otherwise they might as well be listening to the news on the radio instead!

It can't be a coincidence that there was already a TV crew in the house just waiting!

If i had a pound for every time i said that to mrs roadrash....

Cerdic

It's telly. Nothing is real on telly!

I remember a few years ago Top Gear won an award for "Best Unscripted Show", and Jeremy Clarkson went up to receive it saying 'I'm really annoyed. I spend hours writing those scripts...'

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
And don't forget that although they always seem to make a profit, that's often due to never counting the cost of skilled labour or the fact that Mike often manages to "find" the rarest and most obscure spare parts in a skip or down the back of the sofa...

As for Tipping Point, nothing would surprise me about TV game shows. The Chase often raises an eyebrow given the apparently easy questions that the Chaser often gets, or the stopping and starting of the clock...
I would like to see the Chasers facing the Eggheads team. Who do you think would win?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I would like to see the Chasers facing the Eggheads team. Who do you think would win?
The chasers answer against the clock. Egg heads don’t have time pressure.
it would be interesting as they are all professional quizzers.

I'm not surprised. Recently the back story of Wheeler Dealers was put onto Youtube; the cars were bought, prepped and sold outside of the 'TV show' stuff with most bits just for show.

Edd China, who used to be the mechanic on Wheeler Dealers, now has his own YouTube channel, called (I think) "Workshop Diaries". On last week's episode, he had Paul, the mechanic who often helped him with jobson the TV show, on the YouTube channel, reminiscing about the T V show. It turns out that Paul did a lot of "behind the scenes" jobs on the cars, whilst the producers usually selected 4 items on each car as the "headline stories" which Edd would work on.

Top Bottom