Tips on braking link

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
:biggrin:

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
depends how fast you need to stop I suggest, the back is good for locking the back wheel in my experience, not a great deal else in a need to stop really nowish moment

I rather liked that site for all sorts of things, seemed to be pitched to my level of not a complete idiot

Going to be tackling the Seven Sisters Hill tomorrow on their advice, I get up it in good form but always have nothing left at the top, it is a bugger of a hill though, starts slow, gets fairly steep and then steepens at the end and a gentle uphill for a long while after that

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
absolutely yenrod but sometimes it just happens surely and pushing it a bit in traffic means increased risk

and a car waiting to pull out can do so at any moment, eye contact/road position/highviz/lights notwithstanding

he doesn't say pull on the brakes, he's says clear the rims of water, I do that, if nothing else you can judge what sort of stopping power you can expect, as the author says, no-one has the same stopping power in the wet as the dry surely?

OP
OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
ooo, and some tips on audaxing

http://www.anothercyclingforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=7972c58ce670a76c2c1b143b5daf9483&topic=17443.0

Top Bottom