Tips on braking link

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
:biggrin:

OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
depends how fast you need to stop I suggest, the back is good for locking the back wheel in my experience, not a great deal else in a need to stop really nowish moment

I rather liked that site for all sorts of things, seemed to be pitched to my level of not a complete idiot

Going to be tackling the Seven Sisters Hill tomorrow on their advice, I get up it in good form but always have nothing left at the top, it is a bugger of a hill though, starts slow, gets fairly steep and then steepens at the end and a gentle uphill for a long while after that

OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
deedy

the writer is disarmingly blase about wrecks isn't he?

it worked for me

OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
absolutely yenrod but sometimes it just happens surely and pushing it a bit in traffic means increased risk

and a car waiting to pull out can do so at any moment, eye contact/road position/highviz/lights notwithstanding

he doesn't say pull on the brakes, he's says clear the rims of water, I do that, if nothing else you can judge what sort of stopping power you can expect, as the author says, no-one has the same stopping power in the wet as the dry surely?

OP
Tynan

Tynan

Veteran
ooo, and some tips on audaxing

http://www.anothercyclingforum.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=7972c58ce670a76c2c1b143b5daf9483&topic=17443.0

Top Bottom