Titanium Bike Parts, I need your opinions (and I'm giving away a £50 Planet-X voucher)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I just bought some stem bolts in Ti.

Only because the stem was older and had some spots on the stem bolts that I could see when riding. So I got oilslick ti bolts to match my cages.

I only bought the top two as that's the ones I see when riding but I was so happy with the look that I replaced all of the stem bolts with Ti.

Good luck.

View attachment 547620
Did the washers come with the bolts are are they also Ti?

Landsurfer

Veteran
I'm considering only doing hex. I'm not sure what you mean by 'parallel' though?
Parallel socket head as opposed to dome etc ..

Cassette spacers ? I've just replaced my SRAM 1050 cassette with a 1070, and the smaller spacers are alloy rather than plastic. - They look much nicer.

What about a lock ring or jockey wheel? Something that you can see for a bit of bling, a spacer although useful is a bit boring to me as it’s hidden and can’t been seen.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
What about a lock ring or jockey wheel? Something that you can see for a bit of bling, a spacer although useful is a bit boring to me as it’s hidden and can’t been seen.

Oh it can be seen. My 8 speed and older MTB all use my Dura Ace alloy spacers. Looks amazing in the sun - that's providing you have a clean cassette. :rolleyes: Just fitted the 1070 this morning in the sun shine, very bling. :laugh:

Lock ring would be good, but I'd assume fairly expensive to make.

Is that a Ti stem cap as well?
No the stem cap just needs to look pretty. Doesn't need to be Ti.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
No the stem cap just needs to look pretty. Doesn't need to be Ti.
Oh yes it does when matchng matters
17235-57343-full-headset-cap-178.jpg

Top Bottom