Titanium Bike Parts, I need your opinions (and I'm giving away a £50 Planet-X voucher)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I thought I'd give you a quick update.

I was focussing on cleat bolts and washers, and it doesn't appear anyone wants them!

But you guys do want stem spacers and stem bolts!

I just bought some stem bolts in Ti.

Only because the stem was older and had some spots on the stem bolts that I could see when riding. So I got oilslick ti bolts to match my cages.

I only bought the top two as that's the ones I see when riding but I was so happy with the look that I replaced all of the stem bolts with Ti.

Good luck.

IMG_20200913_101556.jpg

figbat

Slippery scientist
Cleat bolts tend to get replaced as cleats wear out. Stems keep going so you want a bolt that’ll keep going without corrosion
And you see stem bolts all the time - especially rusty ones!
For future consiuderation:

- bottle cage bolts
- bottle cage (does Ti lend itself to this? Light, sure, but it also needs a degree of spring).

I’ve responded. I’d love to see you do Titanium pedals, preferably SPD-SL/Look with red anodising. I think coloured pedals look ace and been light too even better!

figbat

Slippery scientist

Only because the stem was older and had some spots on the stem bolts that I could see when riding. So I got oilslick ti bolts to match my cages.

I only bought the top two as that's the ones I see when riding but I was so happy with the look that I replaced all of the stem bolts with Ti.

Good luck.

View attachment 547620
Oooh, yes - steerer top caps too!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Ti cleat bolts? Absolutely no point Andrew.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod

Good luck.

View attachment 547620
Is that a Ti stem cap as well?

Top Bottom