Titanium bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AlanW

Guru
Good job I'm in no real rush:-

Hi Alan,

The bike will be at the website as soon as we have green light from our test centre.

They will test these bikes first on Fatigue, Stiffness, Durability and Impact, this will takes some time.

We expect to launch the Yukon at the end of 1st quarter of 2018.

Met vriendelijke groet / With kind regards,

VAN NICHOLAS

Ralph Moorman
General Manager

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
The Titanium itch is still strong...but now looking to move house so no 'spare' 4K

Should I get a non disc Ti frame and strip all the parts off the carbon bike that I never ride. I've used it once this year and although I enjoy riding it, I like to have the practicality of rack and guards.

Ideally I want the condor gran fondo frame but those are like hens teeth so I'd maybe go for a Sabbath or similar

Talk me out of this madness please ;)

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
The Titanium itch is still strong...but now looking to move house so no 'spare' 4K

Should I get a non disc Ti frame and strip all the parts off the carbon bike that I never ride. I've used it once this year and although I enjoy riding it, I like to have the practicality of rack and guards.

Ideally I want the condor gran fondo frame but those are like hens teeth so I'd maybe go for a Sabbath or similar

You'll be cross with yourself if you did this. Delayed pleasure is all the sweeter ^_^

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Because no discs.
I'm not convinced I actually need them though :smile: they are pretty much the reason I haven't yet bought a new bike!

I don't really need another whole bike, I wouldn't use 3.5k of Ti for shopping and commuting (the current disc braked bike's function).

I really just fancy a Ti frame hence pondering using the dust gathering carbon as a donor (otherwise it'll just be used on a turbo)

Last edited:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Should I get a non disc Ti frame and strip all the parts off the carbon bike that I never ride.

Yes :okay: Then when you fall in love with Ti you'll have to start saving for your £4k disc Ti ^_^

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes :okay: Then when you fall in love with Ti you'll have to start saving for your £4k disc Ti ^_^
I'm waiting for the injury claim to pay out but that could be another 6-12 months or more!
As I say I'm not too bothered about discs, more just an option or the direction things seem to be going but still a minority

The Titanium itch is still strong...

Go on, go on, go on, go on,,,,,

tumblr_lqkaa0cc7Z1r25534o1_500.gif

Jenkins

Legendary Member

No.

If you're starting afresh with a new house, what better than a shiney new bike to fill it with.

Just go non disc if thats what u can afford.
Sure disc brakes are nice - but we have got by without disc brakes for god knows how many years.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Just go non disc if thats what u can afford.
Sure disc brakes are nice - but we have got by without disc brakes for god knows how many years.
I'm not sure I can afford (ok justify) anything right now having just put my house on marjet and found another which is significantly more than mine

The only frame (or bike) I would buy today is the Condor GF in a 55cm

Top Bottom