Titanium road bike or frameset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greenmark

Guru
If you want cheap then Chain recation have a lot of Lynskey frames at at least 50% off, quite a few of them come in XL too. I am trying to talk myself out of this. https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/lynskey-sportive-disc-di2-titanium-road-frame-2018/rp-prod165951

Let me talk you out of it.

I own a Lynskey Sportive Disc (not Di2). Overall it is a bit meh.
It's heavy. The frame alone in ML size weighs 1750g, excluding forks. I've pretty light components (Hunt wheels, Force 22 groupset, carbon steerer fork etc) and I can't get the bike to go under 9.2kg.

The main aspect of the ride quality comes from the 28mm tyres. I think I could have got a bike with exactly the same ride quality with an Aluminium frame with the same wheelset and tyres. It would have been cheaper and lighter too. I should even risk a Chinese made carbon frame for something even lighter and stiffer - I could have bought two frames for the price of the Lynskey.

It has a lifetime warranty, which in the small print means the warranty is valid for the lifetime of the frame. So when the frame breaks, then Lynskey can choose to say that is the end of the frame's lifetime and the warranty no longer applies. Whether or not they repair is up to them.

The true advantage of the bike is that I'm often flying with it, so the titanium does well against any possible impact damage. But other than that...

Last edited:
My wife bought a Reilly Gradient last year. It is a great bike and as they thought a stock frame was not quite right they did a custom one. Very reasonably priced and Mark Reilly is a pleasure to do business with.

Top Bottom