Titanium ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
Is Titanium really worth the extra cost over a nice good steel frame, or are we just considering bling value. Yes I know it doesn't rust, but my old 853 mtb frame is over 10 years old and had a hard life and apart from the dents and scratches is still in good shape.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
are you less than 11 stone? then yes.

lazyfatgit

Is Titanium really worth the extra cost over a nice good steel frame, or are we just considering bling value. Yes I know it doesn't rust, but my old 853 mtb frame is over 10 years old and had a hard life and apart from the dents and scratches is still in good shape.
I spoke with a frame builder a few months ago and as @dan_bo says it depends on your weight.

At 96kg an 6ft 2 I was advised my current carbon fibre setup was probably worth sticking with.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I can't imagine any of the big Ti frame manufacturers having any problems with riders of that weight.

BTW: Yes, you want a Ti bike ;)

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Springy not wobbly ;)
The hysteresis curve may not be what the designer intended.

Venod

Eh up
12 to 12.5 stone depending on time of year I have had 5 Titanium frames, none of them none of them have been Wobbly all excellent rides, one of them did crack but was fine when welded, I have three at the moment, it's my favourite frame material.

Last edited:
Top Bottom